Rogue Trader Demo??

By ScooterinAB, in Rogue Trader

So with Rogue Trader expected to out this summer, can we expect to see a Shattered Hope-like demo game? I'm going home for the summer, and I'd kind of like to run a preview for my freinds back home.

ScooterinAB said:

So with Rogue Trader expected to out this summer, can we expect to see a Shattered Hope-like demo game? I'm going home for the summer, and I'd kind of like to run a preview for my freinds back home.

I'm hoping for one with much less tweaking needed. happy.gif It'd definitely be cool for a backup game should a player stay home sick one weekend.

We had a dungeon-bash for Dark Heresy , so what would be the cliche to be avoided with Rogue Trader ?

Kage

Kage2020 said:

We had a dungeon-bash for Dark Heresy , so what would be the cliche to be avoided with Rogue Trader ?

Kage

You are on a commerce planet selling fruit when word comes your ship is under attack by pirates, now you have to negotiate the fruit sale faster (FEL Test), rush through the crowd in a timely manner (AG test), pilot your shuttle to the ship (PILOT test), and then work your way from the docking bay to the command deck to fight the pirate captain (Dungeon Crawl).

Have Fun!

If I was going to guess... you're on the way back from a Xenos world carrying plants. You're crew mutanies, tosses the plants out an airlock, tosses you into a emergency launch and sets the party adrift, and takes your ship back to the Xenos world to fornicate with the half-naked Xenos women.

You get picked up by an errant imperial navy vessel and have to answer to the admiralty for why you lost your ship, while the mutaneers crash your ship into the planets moon, making it unusable and remain with the Xenos forever.

Xathess Wolfe said:

If I was going to guess... you're on the way back from a Xenos world carrying plants. You're crew mutanies, tosses the plants out an airlock, tosses you into a emergency launch and sets the party adrift, and takes your ship back to the Xenos world to fornicate with the half-naked Xenos women.

You get picked up by an errant imperial navy vessel and have to answer to the admiralty for why you lost your ship, while the mutaneers crash your ship into the planets moon, making it unusable and remain with the Xenos forever.

You sir, just made my day! LOL

I'll be running two Rogue Trader demo games at GenCon.

Do a search for "Betrayal" once the event listings come out.

Kage2020 said:

Kage

You all meet in a tavern (space bar, wretched hive of scum and villany)...?

schoon said:

Mutiny Mr Christian!

PCs are chucked off their boat by mutinous servitors?

Another cliche?

Is there anything left that isn't?

gran_risa.gif

Luddite said:

schoon said:

Mutiny Mr Christian!

PCs are chucked off their boat by mutinous servitors?

Another cliche?

Is there anything left that isn't?

gran_risa.gif

Option 1: You and your crew awake from Warp Travel and find yourselves crashing on a feral world. Once landing you soon discover the humans of this plant are of a stone age culture and are hunted by extremely hairy humanoid apes!

Option 2: Responding to a distress call your crew finds and ancient xenos ship. One of your crew becomes infected with some alien virus and it bursts from his chest. Now you must hunt down the "Alien" and stop the rogue science servitor from wrecking the ship!

no joke there i was it was me and 40 bugs and all i had was a pair of chop sticks, but dont worry i wont bore you with the details of how i killed them all

Transport a pair of fugative siblings across the stars while trying to stay ahead of the gorram law. Things are made worse by the tendancy of the crews plans not to go smooth and the younger siblings mental instability and powerful psychic abilities. Will these big **** heros survive or will the blue handed agents of the ordo hereticus catch up with them?

Yeah, but that one ends when the PCs finally make it to the Black Ship to put the younger sister aboard so that the little world will have a much better offering this cycle. gran_risa.gif

Peacekeeper_b said:

Option 1: You and your crew awake from Warp Travel and find yourselves crashing on a feral world. Once landing you soon discover the humans of this plant are of a stone age culture and are hunted by extremely hairy humanoid apes!

Option 1: No ordinary apes, they are called Jokaero, and thy are orange furred, mute and extremely adept at microelectronic ;)

Option 2: This alien is in fact genestealer retrieved from some ancient space hulk :)
Responding to a distress call your crew finds and ancient xenos ship. One of your crew becomes infected with some alien virus and it bursts from his chest. Now you must hunt down the "Alien" and stop the rogue science servitor from wrecking the ship!

Option 1: No ordinary apes, they are called Jokaero, and thy are orange furred, mute and extremely adept at microelectronic ;)

Option 2: This alien is in fact genestealer retrieved from some ancient space hulk :)

Those might be my first two adventures, after my Dark Heresy acolytes get conscripted into service under a rogue Rogue Trader that is under investigation by a radical inquisitor.

Kind of like "keep an eye on him and report back to me" as a recurring subplot.

Another one is the characters are victims of a mutiny right off the back, while on a quest for an ancient xenos relic. The usurping crew finds the relic and are all cursed by the device and the PCs, bound by their family charter, quest to recover their ship, the Black Halo!

I guess using old Star Trek episodes as base will give a million plots... I mean, there are some similarities, yes? happy.gif

To boldly go where no man... Wait whats that in the dark "Aaaaaaaeeerrrgghhhh".

I have a feeling that a lot of my Rogu Trader stuff is gonna go like that.

Kage2020 said:

Kage

That would be starting out the campaign with the traditional Bar Fight.

Does anyone use cutaways, scripts or the old bluebook methods in DH or plan to for RT?

Peacekeeper_b said:

Kage2020 said:

Kage

You are on a commerce planet selling fruit when word comes your ship is under attack by pirates, now you have to negotiate the fruit sale faster (FEL Test), rush through the crowd in a timely manner (AG test), pilot your shuttle to the ship (PILOT test), and then work your way from the docking bay to the command deck to fight the pirate captain (Dungeon Crawl).

Have Fun!

How about this: you arive at a planet with your holds loaded with highly perisable goods (ok, fruit) to find out that the planet is expecting an ork attack and not paying luxury prices for it right now. How do you respond? help bulk up the deffenses? try to find a near planet to recruit a quick regiment to fight the battle on the planet? ditch your cargo at low cost and load up the ship with refuges? Maybe have the governor give you an offer... is space combat included in the basic rules? Lets have us a bounty for blowing up ork ships in orbit and getting away with your skin!

The Free RPG Day website confirms that FFG is a Platinum sponsor for Free RPG Day 2009, and that FFG's contribution is a Rogue Trader RPG adventure.

So, that should mean a firm date of Saturday, June 20th, 2009 for many demos to be run... and possibly a few barfights.

demonio.gif