Any tips for 1st-time flight to Roseville MN?

By moonbeast, in Arkham Nights 2012

I'm really tempted to take my three day weekend and book a flight to Roseville for Arkham Nights. But I'd be flying from California, and I have never been to the state of Minnesota. In fact, I don't even know where in the state Roseville is. Is it close to the state capital? Is it some small town in the middle of the sticks where zombies and nightgaunts prowl after hours?

What major airport do I take. I'm an avid traveler, so I'll figure out the correct flight and airport. But once I arrive at the airport, then I'd get lost trying to figure out HOW to get transportation to FFG headquarters or my hotel. And then I'd be afraid I would book the WRONG hotel, possibly some overpriced hotel that is several blocks walking distance to FFG headquarters…. thus making my trip to Arkham Nights a tiring and miserable experience.

Any trips for a first time traveler? Or is this info posted in the forums somewhere?

(P.S. I love to travel to gaming 'cons' such as GenCon etc. Booking flights and paying a few hundred dollars for an expensive 3-day gaming weekend is no problem. After all, my employer is generous and I've racked up plenty of Paid-Time-Off (paid vacation days). My main concern is the hassle of flying into some town I've never heard of, in a state I've never been to. I hope they speak English there! :P )

thanks in advance for any tips

I think Google is your best friend in this situation: FFG Event Center

I think it best to fly into Minneapolis/St. Paul (MSP). There are some nice hotels in the area of FFG and you can always call to see what the shuttle service/taxi situation is. Bring a silver sharpie. The pizza they can order at the Event Center is pretty awesome.

Roseville is a suburb of Minneapolis, so you don't have to worry about renting a car and driving off into the countryside.

There are plenty of hotels to choose from - however the past two years, FFG has reserved a block of rooms at the Radisson Hotel Roseville for Arkham Nights, so you'll get a reduced rate. Not sure if they've done that again this year or not, but the hotel is within walking distance of the Event Center, so it's worth looking into if you plan on gaming late into the night.