South Florida! X-Wing tournaments at Tate's Comics!

By Harleequin, in X-Wing Organized Play

Tate's comics is an Eisner award winning comic shop, with a gaming dedicated store only a few feet from the comic shop! Right now they are undergoing new management at the Gaming Satellite, and sooner than later will be running X-Wing tournaments! The cost and support is not yet known, but so far ideas are $5 dollar entry (Free drink or snack) or $20 entry (Free Star Wars Expansion), (you don't HAVE to pay $20, it's optional) But Prize support will most likely be Star wars expansions or store credit which you can use to purchase other items! Of course we cannot host these tournaments without demand, so we are awaiting for unpaid pre-signups, to see what the crowd will be like.

I am also looking for other X-wing players for casual play at Tate's comics GAMING SATELLITE, as well! I would love to play large games (dogfight mostly) of 100-200 points, to develop new strategies and for fun!

Tate's gaming satellite is located at 4566 N University Drive, Lauderhill, FL 33351

If you have any questions don't hesitate to leave me a message!

Hello- I would be interested in both casual play and tournament play. What night are you thinking?

I am always there on tuesdays and saturdays, and I usually only play X-wing on saturday, I'm not only playing that when I get there, but I'm more than likely going to only be playing that, (that or do you worship cthulhu? A fun card game we play) Just look around and ask for Michael, you'll probably see me playing a round anyway. So far there haven't been enough people with the game (I'm one of the few) So there probably won't be a tournament soon if you're okay with that.

I'll be out of town for the next 2 weekends, but maybe I'll try to come by the following Saturday. What time do you usually play? I have the starter pack and the TIE advanced booster.

I usually get there around 2-3PM, and stay until about 9:30-10PM. I play pretty much all day and switch between Star wars, yugioh, and "do you worship Cthulhu?"