Swarm tactics?

By Periculum, in X-Wing Rules Questions

So let's say I have pilots with skill 9, 8, and 5. My 9 pilot has swarm tactics and at the beginning of the combat phase, he uses swarm tactics to give my 8 pilot a 9 skill. If my 8 pilot has swarm tactics as well, could he hand off the 9 over to the 5 skill pilot or just the 8 that he originally had? I'm sure this may not be the intent, but it doesn't really say if you use the base value or the current value.

Someone emailed FFG about this and the response was that you can indeed chain Swarm Tactics such that multiple pilots get the highest skill value in the chain. The thread was in the General X-Wing Forum.

-DavicusPrime

Found it! It was on like page 8! I can't believe we've gone through that many pages in 1 month! Anyway, click here for a link to the thread the response was posted in.

That's pretty cool. Seems silly, but still cool.

The indirect result of that ruling is that, if you try to use swarm tactics with a damaged cockpit, the other pilot would become skill 0

ArcticSnake said:

The indirect result of that ruling is that, if you try to use swarm tactics with a damaged cockpit, the other pilot would become skill 0

It would be counterproductive to use Swarm Tactics if you had Damaged Cockpit.

Roy