I'm in LOVE with this system……

By Sutter2, in General Discussion

As already mentioned, I LOVE this system. As a matter of fact, I love how the rules play as originally written and so, I won't be changing much at all.

I'm totally beyond excited about the next two installments, especially "Force and Destiny". That one should be seven kinds of epic awesome! And here's looking forward to ALL the supplements and sourcebooks for each one.

AWESOME!!!!!

STOP that…you were about to sing. No singing.

Can't resist……

Trying…to ….fight……the…..urge…..

Just wondering, what other tabletop RPGs have you played? Do you like because it is a refreshing change from what you are use to or it is right in your wheel house and there is not a lot of games like it.

I've played D6 (WEG Star Wars), TSR (D&D, Marvel Super Heroes, Star Wars Rpg), WotC (D&D, Saga Edition Star Wars, Mutants & Masterminds), Green Ronin (Mutants & Masterminds 3rd), Tri Stat (BESM), Eden Studios Unisystem (All Flesh, Witchcraft, Armageddon)……I think that's about it. Oh, wait…..White Wolf (Vampire, Mage). Okay, that's it.

I love this system because:

1) It's just WICKED AWESOME!

2) It's easy to learn and it keeps everything quick and dynamically paced

3) Little-to-no number crunching

4) The way FFG is handling everything from the Force, to combat, to……everything

5) It's UBER fun!!

6) I don't know, it's just COOL!

Besides the above reasons, it's hard to explain. I just love the whole thing (handling, concept, format, art, gaming system)…..the whole thing.

You can sing…but you have to sing in Wookie and switch to Trandoshan mid song. :)

Sutter said:

I've played D6 (WEG Star Wars), TSR (D&D, Marvel Super Heroes, Star Wars Rpg), WotC (D&D, Saga Edition Star Wars, Mutants & Masterminds), Green Ronin (Mutants & Masterminds 3rd), Tri Stat (BESM), Eden Studios Unisystem (All Flesh, Witchcraft, Armageddon)……I think that's about it. Oh, wait…..White Wolf (Vampire, Mage). Okay, that's it.

I love this system because:

1) It's just WICKED AWESOME!

2) It's easy to learn and it keeps everything quick and dynamically paced

3) Little-to-no number crunching

4) The way FFG is handling everything from the Force, to combat, to……everything

5) It's UBER fun!!

6) I don't know, it's just COOL!

Besides the above reasons, it's hard to explain. I just love the whole thing (handling, concept, format, art, gaming system)…..the whole thing.

Stacie_GmrGrl said:

You can sing…but you have to sing in Wookie and switch to Trandoshan mid song. :)

Hmmm……I've got Wookie down, but Trandoshan is tricky.

I read a bunch of the book today and fell in love, too.

It seems pretty versatile from what I can tell. Has there been much/any discussion about hacking the system for other settings?

Is that question out of line?

With endorsements like this…

Really, I have been trying to contain my excitement over this game. With all the different SW games that have been made only to role a few years and collapse. None of which, in my opinion, really getting the setting down the way I'd like to see it. I have been extremely skeptical.

I want a good SW RPG. So bad I can taste it. I like the non-binary dice mechanic that they set up in WFRP, and I was extremely excited to see them port it to this game. The more I listen to you folks the more I want to try this game out.

I may have to request the box game for Christmas to be the final test.

Jeffrywith1e said:

I read a bunch of the book today and fell in love, too.

It seems pretty versatile from what I can tell. Has there been much/any discussion about hacking the system for other settings?

Is that question out of line?

I'm going to be working on a conversion of this System for use with Rifts. Can't stand Palladium's system, but I love the world. My longest running campaign was in Rifts, and the people I game with want me to run it again.

I've also toyed about with a Borderlands and Mass Effect settings.

That Blasted Samophlange said:

I'm going to be working on a conversion of this System for use with Rifts. Can't stand Palladium's system, but I love the world. My longest running campaign was in Rifts, and the people I game with want me to run it again.

I've also toyed about with a Borderlands and Mass Effect settings.

i like this system, but I dunno about rifts. If you want a port for that, check out Cthulhutech. It makes better rifts than rifts.

I think this system would make a nice shadow run option. It's already got cybernetics and vibro blades.

I've actually done some work on a conversion to CthulhuTech. I like the dice poker, derived attributes, and much of the mechanics of that system, but it still seemed a bit too much to have to convert characters from Rifts to that system.

The EotE system (Henceforth named Stan) offers up a way to capture the feel that I believe Rifts should have. If you've read any of the novels or the Machinations of Doom comic that appeared in the Rifter, You'd see that the Palladium's mechanics don't jive well with a cinematic action feel - but the aforementioned portray that. In Stan, the characters have to worry about cover and not getting hit at all, and armour is there to keep a lethal shot from being a non lethal one. Rifts is a slugging match battle of attrition between opponents. The characters in the stories often don't wear armour - something that is not doable.

It depends on the feel of the game you want to portray.

Been reading the book lately and really like the dice system and what it lets you do with weapons. i looked at the lightsaber and just thought "wow… that sounds like what we've seen from the movies." Have had lots of thoughts like that while reading the book. Would like to see what others are doing with it/porting over to it as well.

(Henceforth named Stan)

I move to make this unofficially official.

Jeffrywith1e said:

(Henceforth named Stan)

I move to make this unofficially official.

All hail Stan!

I'm not saying rifts "won't" work, but it's harder to replicate that mega damage aspects.

that being said, rock on. it's nice to even see someone know what cthulhutech is.