Super Smash Bros Melee anyone?

By Vertically Challenged, in Odds & Ends

Hey everyone!!!
I know there is a brawl topic alreayd but this is MELEE only! :) Yeah thats right, ima brawl hater;)
Anyways ,... I am hosting a HUUGE international competetive melee tournament on March 7th and 8th and I never even thought to see if anyone here was interested...until....
I was looking through my posts on my thread on smashworldforums and I heard people from MN were interested and I got sent to a site to talk to them and i found Roxaslawliet :o
Anyways ... please let me know if you play melee :) Thanks

Main ->Peach

Melee <3

Brawl sucks. If my GC had the internet capability I wanted, I'd join this tournament.

Main = Young Link
Secondary = Kirby

lol kirby lol :P

Thats the problem, I would enjoy doing that, but Melee has no wifi capability whatsoever....so I'm srry, but I can't go wherever just to play Melee....my main are Shiek, and Peach.

tooo bad its gonan be preeetttty darn fun ;)

I do plan on coming to this super sweet event hosted my Regina's finest peach player gui%C3%B1o.gif and I plan on kicking her butt in both KH and Melee.

oh right mains.

Main:Sheik/Fox

Secondary: Falco/Falcon (though can play Marth too)

Low Tier: Roy/Pichu

Peach is dumb lengua.gif

lolol peach is awwwsome!!! And you will never beat me in melee ... maybe KH ... maybe ;)

Mains: PEACHH!!!! <3<3

Secondary: Yoshi

Thirds: Falco/Falcon

Dislike: SHIEK!!

...you just dislike Shiek, because Peach never had the guts to play dress up in some really stupid skinny outfit, and go running around basically doing nothing....I like them both, so I can't say anything bad about either....but I think I just dissed Shiek?

Why do none of you like Brawl? I hate people who dislike Brawl, and go running around screaming how they hate it, and how others should only play Melee. It is OK to just not like Brawl, but if others like it, don't go screaming your head off because they shouldn't...(I'm not saying that you guys are like this, I just find this happens so often...)

they proly do it cuz melee is better...im not scientist though! LOL
srry im just goofing around

And I hate sheik for reasons other then she dresses skimpy ... that is probably more of a good thing ... iunno LOL
TILTS FTL :( I have a bad habit of trying to DI thru the tilts to attack :(

You think Melee is better...honestly, Brawl is better in every aspect except tournaments in my opinoin...and the gravity...thats meh....

ffirst of all ... something being better then something elsse is a matter of opinion ...that being said .. in my opinion melee is a much better game....Maybe for playing a fun game with items and final smashes brawl is probably better in that sence.. but thats not what im talking about...im talkin about competetive tournaments and competetive gameplay...in whihc Melee is better. ... you can spent hours in brawl learning techniques and it doesnt pay off because you can't combo people proborly or put those teqniques to use. In melee your skill is directly related to your win record.

I've made my points about why Melee is better than Brawl. I can't stand the physics of Brawl, it's far too slow, surfaces are too slippy etc etc.

Shame I can't enter this tournament, I want to show off my 1337 Young Link skillz, yo :P

Thats the problem, Brawl is definitly better when it is a party game...but the gravity is too light, that is the main problem. Melee is better competitively...I just enjoy my games, so I really only play Brawl because I can't find tourneys around...

Eh I am not that great anymore but I can do some good moves here and there. Though where is this melee tournament being held?

Mains:

Captain Falcon, Pikachu, Roy, and Fox

Fun Mains:

PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its in Saskatchewan, Canada :P
But now this tourny is Smash and KH ?! <3
me loves this

melee for the win

main: fox/marth

2nd: Falco.falcon

Other : kirby mewtwo and roy

wavedash for the win! Shine canceling is awesome

Ive been to quite a fewl MLG tourneys for melee in my prime. It was really fun, it os by far a great game, way better then brawl. Melee just runs so much smoother...

Although I do like Brawl better, I'm going to have to agree, the Melee battle system and physics were just a lot better.