Dreadlfeet, a thumbs' up from GM perspective

By valvorik, in WFRP Print on Demand Expansions

I have found this POD more useful, as a GM, than the other PODs. The other three are more PC focused, and very nice if you have PC's who are bright order wizards, sigmarites or shallyans and moderately useful for NPC's.

The Dreadfleet POD is very nice for a GM with powerful monsters and actions for them. The naval themed locations etc. are okay (and many useable just on the Reik) but it's the critters and actions I have found bringing the grim fun to the table. The various captains don't have to be used as "sea captain" they can just be "a chaos dwarf, tomb king, vampire" etc. but extra spicy versions of each.

I used "Translocaton", "Half Dead" and "Overboard" in my last session of play (vampire fight on a boat on the Reik) and those dreadfleet actions "made the encounter".

I do agree that the cutouts to create standups are not so great. You would need your own cardboard to affix them to in order to really create a proper stand up (I do actually do that with strange eons myself already). I think FFG could leave those out in future or just put the artwork up on website for "free printing" (already sized perhaps) as a online supplement (quasi adverti).

Good to hear Val. I may pick this up for my campaign.

Here's the RPGGEEK.Com link. There is a review there as well.

Oh, nice to hear. I think I need to pick up a copy of this to use in our Death on the Reik game. Didn't really see it as that useful, given that the PC's are not on the High seas and there's no pirates around. Thanks for the short review!

I agree. My group is rank 4 and very resourceful. These baddies are epic level and very flavorful. Very useful for high level campaigns.

I just finished reading Fell Cargo. Man, what a ride! That book would make such an excellent scenario!

jh