Mutant Chronicles product release timeline 1993-2008.

By Nighthawk6, in Mutant Chronicles

This is a circa timeline for the Mutant Chronicles products released from 1993 until now. It will be updated as new products are released. I think this is a nice list for people interested in checking out the Mutant Chronicles world. I will be making an .excel file for download later on.

Mutant Chronicles RPG ( by Target Games ) ( miniatures by Heartbreaker Hobbies )

• 1993: #4001 1rst Edition RPG Rulebook
  • 1993: #4002 Brotherhood: The Cleansing Flame of the Cardinal (sourcebook)
  • 1993: #4003 Imperial: The Clans of Damnation (sourcebook)
  • 1994: #4004 Freelancer's Handbook Gamemaster's Screen
  • 1994: #4005 Capitol: Pride and Profit (sourcebook)
  • 1994: #4006 Algeroth: The Apostle of War, With the Heretic's Handbook (sourcebook)
  • 1995: #4007 Bauhaus: The Power of Heritage (sourcebook)
  • 1996: #4008 Cybertronic: The Empire of Steel and Stealth (sourcebook)
  • 1996: #4009 Mishima: Death Before Dishonor (sourcebook)
  • 1996: #4011 Ilian: Mistress of the Void (sourcebook)
  • 1996: #4012 The Venusian Apocalypse Part 1: The Second Seal of Repulsion (adventure)
  • 1996: #4013 The Venusian Apocalypse Part 2: The Four Riders (adventure)
  • 1997: #4014 The Venusian Apocalypse Part 3: Beyond The Pale (adventure)
  • 1997: #9010 2nd Edition RPG Rulebook
  • 2009? 3rd Edition RPG Rulebook (by COG Games)

Mutant Chronicles Boardgames ( by Target Games/Heartbreaker Hobbies )

• 1993: #4300 Siege Of The Citadel

-1993: Battle of the Citadel: The Brotherhood (expansion only available in Swedish from magazine Sinkadus #41+#42)
-2004: Available in English from www.mutantpedia.com

1993: #9001 Blood Berets

• 1994: #9002 Fury Of The Clansmen

Mutant Chronicles Books

The Apostle of Insanity Trilogy

• 1993 (Dec): In Lunacy (by William F. Wu)
  • 1994 (June): Frenzy (by John-Allen Pric)
  • 1994 (Dec): Dementia (by Michael A. Stackpole)
  • 2008: Mutant Chronicles (movie tie-in) (by Matt Forbeck, based on the screenplay by Philip Eisner)

Doomtrooper Collectible Card Game '94-'99?( list of sets/expansions ) I don't know the release year on every expansion, please enlighten me if you know.

• 1994: Doomtrooper
  • 1995: Inquisition
  • Warzone
  • Mortificator
  • Golgotha
  • Apocalypse
  • Paradise Lost

Dark Eden Collecible Card Game I don't know anything about this one except owning a booster pack.

• 1996: Dark Eden Basic Set
  • Genesis Expansion

Video Games

• 1995: Doom Troopers [sNES]

Mutant Chronicles: Warzone Miniature Game ( by Target Games )

1st Edition

• 1995: #9401 Warzone: A Fast and Furious Miniatures Battle Game
  • 1997: #9402 Dawn of War
  • 1997: #9404 Beasts of War
  • 1997: #9406 Casualties of War
  • 1997: #9407 Dark Eden
  • 1998: #9410 The Brotherhood Cathedral (A Campaign Pack For Warzone)
  • 1998: #9411 Bauhaus Bunker (A 3D Expansion Set For Warzone)
  • 1998: #9412 Imperial Bridgehead (A 3D Expansion Set For Warzone)

2nd Edition

• 1998: #2420 Warzone Box Set (including 3 books The Chronicles of War, The Rules of War and The Forces of War)
  • 1998: Venus: Bauhaus Forces of War
  • 1999: Mars: Capitol Forces of War

3rd Edition ( by Excelsior Entertainment )

• 2004: Ultimate Warzone Rulebook

Mutant Chronicles Comics

• 1996 May: Golgotha Part I of IV (including Doomtrooper card 'Hunter Special Forces Badass)
  • 1996 June: Golgotha Part II of IV (including Doomtrooper card 'Wolfe In The Heat')
  • 1996 July: Golgotha Part III of IV (including Dooomtrooper card 'By The Throath')
  • 1996 Aug: Golgotha Part IV og IV (including Doomtrooper card 'Primal B'itch'
  • 1996 Sep: Mutant Chronicles: Sourcebook

Mutant Chronicles Warzone Magazine

• 1996 Chronicles From The Warzone #1
  • 1996 Chronicles From The Warzone #2
  • 1996 Chronicles From The Warzone #3
  • 1996 Chronicles From The Warzone #4
  • 1997 Chronicles From The Warzone #5
  • 1997 Chronicles From The Warzone #6
  • 1997 Chronicles From The Warzone #7
  • 1997 Chronicles From The Warzone #8
  • 1997 Chronicles From The Warzone #9
  • 1997 Chronicles From The Warzone #10
  • 1998 Chronicles From The Warzone #11
  • 1998 Chronicles From The Warzone #12
  • 1998 Chronicles #1 (The New Era)
  • 1999 Chronicles #2 (The New Era)
  • 1999 Chronicles #3 (The New Era)
  • 1999 Archives #1 (The Target Games Catalogue: Miniature and Collecting at it's best)

Mutant Chronicles Movie

• 2008: Mutant Chronicles (by Simon Hunter, with Thomas Jane, Ron Perlman, Sean Pertwee and John Malkovich) US Theatrical Release April 2009 through Magnolia Films.

Mutant Chronicles Miniatures Game ( by Fantasy Flight Games )

• 2008 Sept: MC01 Starter Set (Capitol and Algeroth)

Algeroth Warpacks

• 2008 Sept: MC07 Nepharite Overlords
  • 2008 Sept: MC08 Gommorian Hammer
  • 2008 Sept: MC09 Warmaster's Legions
  • 2008 Oct: MC14 Necrotech
  • 2008 Nov: MC16 The Dark Wager

Bauhaus Warpacks

• 2008 Oct: MC12 Venusian Command
  • 2008 Oct: MC13 Order of the Bear
  • 2008 Nov: MC18 Vulkan's Fist

Brotherhood Warpacks

• 2008 Oct: MC10 Fury's Wrath
  • 2008 Oct: MC11 The Book of Law
  • 2008 Nov: MC17 The Second Directorate

Capitol Warpacks

• 2008 Sept: MC05 Advanced Recon
  • 2008 Sept: MC06 13th Banshee Division
  • 2008 Nov: MC15 Striker Division

WILL BE UPDATED AS TIME PASS (and please correct if I'm wrong in anything here)

Update #1 Monday 24th of Nov: Added MC comics, SotC expansion, Warzone magazines

Update #2 Tuesday 25th of Nov: Added Wave 3 releases of the MC Miniatures Game.

Thanks for posting this, it's neat to see it all in one place.

Are you fleshing this out as time goes on, or just adding the new releases? Just curious - wanted to add that there was a line of comic books for Mutant Chronicles as well. A bunch of goodies were printed only in Italian, too, such as Doomzine and Dragoniere. Not trying to put myself in the "Mr. Knowitall" position here by any means, just wondering if more 'old details' would be added. I myself have been VERY curious to see what products were released for this awesome world. Thanks for starting this list!

Another thing to note for the CCG players out there is that the designer (Brian Winter, if memory serves) created a "board game" that you use your CCG cards with. Sewers of Luna. Here's the intro from the PDF:

Sewers of Luna is a board game that uses many of the cards from the Doomtrooper Collectable Card Game. During a game of Sewers of Luna, each player is in charge of a Force of Doomtroopers or Dark Legion warriors, as they explore and do battle throughout the labyrinthine sewers beneath Luna. Any number of players can play Sewers of Luna!

Sorry - it's Bryan Winter - with a 'y'. Just in case anyone needs to know... happy.gif

GVogel said:

Another thing to note for the CCG players out there is that the designer (Brian Winter, if memory serves) created a "board game" that you use your CCG cards with. Sewers of Luna. Here's the intro from the PDF:

Where to get the pdf???

GVogel said:

Are you fleshing this out as time goes on, or just adding the new releases? Just curious - wanted to add that there was a line of comic books for Mutant Chronicles as well. A bunch of goodies were printed only in Italian, too, such as Doomzine and Dragoniere. Not trying to put myself in the "Mr. Knowitall" position here by any means, just wondering if more 'old details' would be added. I myself have been VERY curious to see what products were released for this awesome world. Thanks for starting this list!

Sewers of Luna is a board game that uses many of the cards from the Doomtrooper Collectable Card Game. During a game of Sewers of Luna, each player is in charge of a Force of Doomtroopers or Dark Legion warriors, as they explore and do battle throughout the labyrinthine sewers beneath Luna. Any number of players can play Sewers of Luna!

The original thought was to flesh this one out, but there aren't at the moment any option to edit your post... I know you can post something and immediately choose 'edit', but after a while that option is gone. Has anyone here any experience with this kind of forum? Is it common to NOT have an 'edit' option?

There are lots of stuff on mutantpedia.com, including Doomzine if I remember correctly, but I didn't have any plans on including that to the list.. I want it to be as universal as possible for everyone, and English is the universal language. I will make an .excel list, kind of a check list, and those who want can include anything they want with their copy, and even translate everything to their native language. I'll let you peeps know when I have it online.

For the moment, just go to forum54.oli.us/index.php where you will find a more updated list than this one (you might have to log on to the forum, it's the official Warzone forum at the moment btw)

GVogel said:

Super thanks for the link man. I remember downloading it before, but never tried it out with my cards. Will def. check this one out.

Also, it seems I can edit all my posts right after having posted a new message... weird.

I was just going to ask regarding what I think is this entry:

Mutant Chronicles Boardgames ( by Target Games/Heartbreaker Hobbies )

• 1993: #4300 Siege Of The Citadel

I had a Mutant Chronicles Board Game bought in the US from I think a Toys'R'Us, that I used to play. It was remnesant of a Hero Quest with one one player playing the Necroton or Necrolord (Its been awhile) and the others playing a representitive of the diffrent corporations / alliances. I ended up canbalising the game for use in other TT gaming and later regreted it. Does anyone know if this game is still avalible or will be produced by FFG?

That would be Siege of the Citadel. :) There are 10 scenarios and it is cooperative, but in every scenario one of the player was the GM as well as using his own units. So you could lock the door for other players and sabotage the whole way when you were GM. On the next scenario another player were GM and so forth. Because it was a continued story where you levelled your character as you went, and you gathered points underway. Ergo, the one with most points after the 10th scenario, won. I've said it many times, and I'll say it again. FFG, re-release SotC! gui%C3%B1o.gif

www.nobleknight.com/searchresults.asp they are $100, you could also try to stakeout ebay for some cheaper prices. Though they might end up expensive there as well.

Well just my luck. I guesse I shouldn't have 'converted' my MC figures to play Necromunda, which at the time was what the group I play with was starting to get really into so we were using MC components to augment our Necromunda games, and then just ended up completely makng the original game (MC) unplayable. Thanks alot Nighthawk that was definately the game. I remember it being alot of fun. I kept looking for the Mutant Chronicles forums under the Board Games Heading...

...Yeah I too think FFG should re-release this game!

Well, I thought CCG Workshop had an accurate release schedule for the original Doom Trooper CCG on their wiki, but apparently that site died at the end of July this year, along with the entire gatlingEngine project. I can't seem to find a cached Google version of the page, either.

But here's one update for your list: The Doom Troopers video game was also released on Sega Genesis. That's the version I have. :)

Keep watching Ebay for SotC to come up. Between my cousins, brother, friends and I we have four copies of Seige of which two came from Toys R Us in the 90's and two we purchased on Ebay for less than 30$ each.

nullstate said:

Well, I thought CCG Workshop had an accurate release schedule for the original Doom Trooper CCG on their wiki, but apparently that site died at the end of July this year, along with the entire gatlingEngine project. I can't seem to find a cached Google version of the page, either.

Here's the CCGW wiki entry with dates:

1994 - Doomtrooper
1995 - Inquisition
1995 - Warzone
1996 - Mortificator
1996 - Golgotha
1996 - Apocalypse
1997 - Paradise Lost
1997 - 2nd Edition
1997 - Ragnarok

Ragnarok and 2nd Edition were never released. Same goes for the Dark Eden Genesis expansion.

Lost Legions could be added to the minis list too.