Dust: Role-Playing Game

By Warboss Krag, in Dust Warfare General Discussion

I would personally like to see a Dust RPG. Let's face it: The background is practically made for role-play, and FFG does some decent ones (their system writing and editing may leave something to be desired, but they do a hell of a job with background fluff; their 40K fluff is so superior to that coming out of Games Workshop that I don't think there's a way to numerically compare the difference!)

Of course, I don't know what sort of difficulties would come of the licensing arrangement - Parente to Dust Studios to AEG? or to FFG? And are there other entities involved (Outer Gods, perhaps…literary legalities over international borders do seem to involve Yog Sothoth more often than not…).

Thoughts?

Warboss Krag said:

I would personally like to see a Dust RPG. Let's face it: The background is practically made for role-play, and FFG does some decent ones (their system writing and editing may leave something to be desired, but they do a hell of a job with background fluff; their 40K fluff is so superior to that coming out of Games Workshop that I don't think there's a way to numerically compare the difference!)

Of course, I don't know what sort of difficulties would come of the licensing arrangement - Parente to Dust Studios to AEG? or to FFG? And are there other entities involved (Outer Gods, perhaps…literary legalities over international borders do seem to involve Yog Sothoth more often than not…).

Thoughts?

Why wait? If you're familiar with the background enough, all you need is rules… grab the Savage Worlds Deluxe Explorers Edition book ($10, one per player), the Savage Worlds "Weird Wars 2" setting book, some dice, and spend an evening coming up with a couple extra weapons for the theme and your set. An experienced Savage Worlds player could probably come up with enough setting-specific Hindrances, Edges and weapons in half an hour.

I've played so many different themes with Savage Worlds, including an awesomely fun 6 months Crimson Skies campaign. If you have Savage Worlds and know enough of the background material to have fun with it, you never need to wait for someone else to make a custom RPG.

Actually, I would use the Fuzion system. It covers vehicles better (particularly mecha); I've been negatively impressed with the Savage Worlds system (having run the pulp sci-fi campaign). I just want the incredible amount of background material that would have to be generated, as well as perhaps a system that would allow player characters to take to the Dust Warfare field (Mutant Chronicles achieved this in their Warzone game).