Should Open Wounds and Biomancy work on Servitors?

By Inquisitor Gallus, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Recently in my group we have been discussing this a lot. The Pysker in our group took Open Wounds to make up for how weak the Minor Powers are for a starting Psyker. And Open Wounds has been great, often times making it a lot easier for the group to take down heavily armored opponents (they were attacked by a bunch of Maw Flukes for example).

But recently they have been fighting Servitors and we have been debating whether or not Open Wounds should apply. Servitors are part fleshy, so there is that, but I view the fleshy parts as being more of left overs to the servitor than actually necessary to it's function, so all damage it takes is against it's machine parts.

So what are your thoughts on this?

Also I do know Telepathy should not work on them, but should some Biomancy Powers not work on them as well? Like Constrict? And Blood Boil?

Thank you for your input.

Constrict wouldn't work because creatures with Machine Trait do not need to breathe.

I dont think they have a functional heart, so I dont know about the blood boil. Maybe you can affect their serum pump or chemolymph or whatever they have in their bodies, in the same way. I know for sure, that machine trait does not make them immune to fatigue.

Yeah, that is pretty much what I thought.

But what about the power Open Wounds from Disciples of the Dark Gods? This is what it says:

"You can cause a previously injured victim’s wounds to burst open and gush with blood, rapidly exsanguinating them in an extremely messy fashion. This power is useless against an unwounded or unliving target."

I wouldn't count servitor, or other machines as "living", neither deamons, or anything with Stuff of Nightmares Trait.