MD37's Custom Character Sheet ver. 1.0

By MilesD37, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

Here is my first version

- i already know i forgot to put "ranged" and "melee" in the defense fields…

any other errors, let me know

also if you have any suggestions

thanks and enjoy

Sexy! Thanks for this.

Neat.

One thing I didn't see, other than the lack of Melee & Ranged in the Defense box, was a place for Motivation. Though I suppose that could just be listed in the Misc/Notes section.

Any chance of this being form-fillable at some point down the road?

The Motivation is on top of first page under career/specialization and above the obligation/type.

Form fillable… maybe, wouldn't be until the full release, and then it'll depend on free time then… but rest assured i'll point any updates/new versions here

Very cool! Couldn't have done it better myself.

Can you make this into a form-fillable sheet please?

See above… after full release I may, but I'm a classic "write it in myself" guy, and just wanted to make this quickly so i could play and not be annoyed every time i looked at the character sheet…

Not exactly a huge problem, but one of the players in my group noticed that you'd misspelled "Magnitude" gui%C3%B1o.gif

HAHA! nice catch…. so you've used the sheet in game? How did it hold up? Was there anything you would like to see in it now that you've played through a session or more? (My first EotE session keeps getting pushed back since I'm still GMing a Saga Campaign, trying to finish that up and find time for this… My EotE will finally be this Sunday- I gave my group an option to either cancel this weeks session of EotE or to play it on friday instead… I couldn't wait any longer to get my feet wet in this… hahaha)

So far we've had one session, and a good chunk of that was character creation - actual "use" was limited to some star travel and a quick combat, so we don't have a lot to say about it just yet. The only other thing I can recall someone saying is that there was nowhere to record encumberance thresholds and current encumberance.

The obvious "nice to have" would be a starship sheet - probably only needs to be a half-page for details and the rest could be scratch space for notes/cargo/etc.

We've got another session on Monday night, so I'll keep you posted on what else gets noticed or commented on.

Thanks for the input… my first session is today, so i'm prepping story now, i'll edit the sheet tonight

- gonna fix the misspelling, and the words i forgot on the defense fields directly

- the encumberance threshold i ment to add to the bottom of the equipment field. that was the idea of having the enc. field and location fields… i may add a small section so the current field can be what all you own, and the new field you can write in what you are carrying on person…

- i'll start trying to figure out a starship sheet. if it does fit into just a half sheet i'll probably add a few reference items to that page (die references for sure, what other things would you like to see on your character sheet for quick reference?)

Perhaps a strain tracker ?

strain does seem fluctuate during the course of a fight and one thing my players were asking for was a nicer way of tracking current strain total

Great work man. In addition to what you have already stated in the fixes, you can also remove Surveillance as a skill.

While not a big deal, I personally would ask that you cut back on the use of the dark grey, While it does serve to break up the sections of the character sheet, I find it hard to write in those sections, as I write very lightly in pencil. Also my printer weeps at the extraneous use of ink. Perhaps a border around the sections would serve just as well?

First I must thank you for your work as I like this sheet a lot.

Second, in addition to the small corrections that others have pointed out I would like to make a request. I would appreciate if you could make a version of this sheet that included a space for a character portrait. In my experience that is very important to immerse into the character. I would like it to be on the upper right side of the first page. I think that by arranging the other sections and maybe reducing the space to some of them (like the "SPECIAL ACTIONS" section) you could fit a space for the portrait in it.

Thanks in advance.

hey guys, sorry i've been MIA on this… i got involved with a project that started as an XWing fan forums, but is now growing into a fansite for all the FFG star wars games…

www.afewmaneuvers.com (the index page will redirect you to the forums)

we just moved the forums from yuku.com, so people are still making their way there, and it's still mainly active in the X-Wing section…

please though, come on over and join, i'm working on the main site right now, that should be up and running in a couple weeks (and i'll find time to make the changes to the character sheet as well haha)

Well guys- www.afewmaneuvers.com is finally live (the xwing section of the site, though our forums are live for all 3 of ffg's games)

and i had alittle time to do a couple edits to my sheet… removed Surveillance, fixed misspelling, lightened the grey used to separate the fields…

I'm going to start an all new version 2.0 that will come in 2 page and 3-4 page formats to include all the requests, work on it will be alittle slow (i'm a package car driver for UPS… santa in brown season… lol)

Excellent work. This looks great.

Thanks, very nice work!

If you have the opportunity, it'll be great to include ways to make it easier for new players to build dice pool. The character sheet from the beginner's box is a good example.

Another good example is a fan made character sheet made for WFRP 3rd edition (which use similar custom dices). This particular sheet is fillable, which is a nice feature too to build and print characters.

Thanks again for your work!

Cheers
Ceodryn

Ceodryn said:

If you have the opportunity, it'll be great to include ways to make it easier for new players to build dice pool. The character sheet from the beginner's box is a good example.

Hey! I hadn't seen that yet. That is very nice!

Great work Miles! I appreciate the efort you are putting into this. I am eager to see the next update.

I would saving some space in the skill section by removing the 5 blank slots next to each skill an just using one slot to fill in with the number of ranks. This way you could have more space for a character portrait even on the 2-pages version of the character sheet.

Keep up the good work!