Hard Headed & Improved Hard Headed

By Inksplat, in Talents and Specialization Trees

Hard Headed: When staggered or disoriented, perform the Hard Headed Action; make a Daunting (Difficulty 4) Discipline check to remove status. Difficulty decreases per rank of Hard Headed.

So, the question is, does the first rank decrease the difficulty, or does the first rank merely establish the difficulty? So, would it be Difficulty 4 at Rank 1 and Difficulty 3 at Rank 2, or Difficulty 3 and Difficulty 2?

Improved Hard Headed: When incapacitated due to strain exceeding threshold, may take a more difficult Hard Headed action to regain consciousness and reduce strain by 1.

By "more difficult", I assume it means +1 Difficulty, but that could be explicitly stated.

This one is thoroughly answered in the full text of the talents.

Hard Headed starts at Daunting and decreases by one per additional rank of the talent.

Improved Hard Headed starts at Formidable and decrease by one per rank of Hard Headed the character possesses.

Both of these are reduced to a minimum of 1 Difficulty Die.

Inksplat said:

Hard Headed: When staggered or disoriented, perform the Hard Headed Action; make a Daunting (Difficulty 4) Discipline check to remove status. Difficulty decreases per rank of Hard Headed.

So, the question is, does the first rank decrease the difficulty, or does the first rank merely establish the difficulty? So, would it be Difficulty 4 at Rank 1 and Difficulty 3 at Rank 2, or Difficulty 3 and Difficulty 2?

I'll ask my wife when she gets home. She should be able to answer this. gran_risa.gif