Resolve - Entire Party, or just the Doctor?

By Inksplat, in Talents and Specialization Trees

I whoopsed and posted this originally in Game Mechanics, but I figured it should be here, so, sorry for the repost!

Basically, the Doctor has the ability "Resolve", which reads: When a character involuntarily suffers strain, he suffers 1 less strain per rank of Resolve, to a minimum of 1.

Now, the name of the ability, and even the general idea of reducing strain, seems to make it fit with Grit, Toughened, and the other Talents like that, where they only effect the one who has the Talent. The wording, however, obviously reads like it effects the whole party.

My gut tells me its only supposed to effect the person with the Talent, because Resolve is usually a personal trait, and I don't understand how a Doctor makes everyone around him more resolute. Other people seem to agree, so, I figured it might need to be addressed, either by a change in the Talent name, or a fix of the text.

I'd say this would be a case of common sense, and that it'd only apply to the person who has that talent.

That said, instead of it reading "When a character…" it should instead be "When the character…" to make it a bit clearer and have it match up with similar talents such as Grit or Resilience.