Dice - how many sets do you need?

By CharlieBananas, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

Hi my book hasn't arrived (it's still in the States so I have some time yet), but I'm getting my dice ready. I play WFRP3e and have about 7 sets of dice for the table (6 players) and was wondering how many sets you would need for EotE (every one sharing).

Cheers

Mike

With starting characters, one set should be enough. As they gain experience a second set would be nice. I plan on making two sets once my blank dice arrive.

Mark

Cool, I'm making 2 sets, using normal dice I could only get white blank dice.

I was also only able to get white blank dice. But I figure with the stickers being colored, we should be able to which dice are which type. Also, I thought it would look nice to have the colored faces have a white border. Of course, the white force die with have white faces and borders!

Mark

May I ask if you plan to seal the stickers/dice, I've heard people surgest nail varnish top coat, but have never had to do this before and have no experience with nail varnish, (well only on weekends lol), so am a bit dubious. I think the white borders would look great, I'm going to fill the numbers in, so it will be more work, but we have the dice in stock so Ican get them at cost.

This was suggested by Jay when I was talking with him at GenCon. His suggestion was to use Dulcoat (sp?) spray sealant. I plan on using the pdf in the Support area to print my dice on Avery single sheet labels. I could just replace the die faces as they wear. If they seem to be wearing quickly, I would seal them after replacing the faces. Right now, I don't know how much play time my group will have for the beta. I also have the iPhone/iPad app to use for rolling when needed.

Mark

I have a thread on here called "New Dice" I am in the process of creating 30+ dice for less than $40 without using the inbook stickers or template and gluing.

There will be details on how I am doing this later this weekend, if anyone is interested.