Supers in Dust Warfare

By Pael, in Dust Warfare General Discussion

So with the announcement of Winter's Child I can't help but wonder how the supers will play in the game. Will they take up extra platoon sections or will they be higher points than other heroes.

The picture the show of WC is him against a horde of zombies, will this be the actual case? I don't know but can't wait to find out!!

Also what will the supers be for Axis and Allies? They have odd heroes like totenmiester and ozz117 but who will be the actual supers for these faction?

well if you go strictly by what it says in the Dust Warfare core rule book, some one who is superhuman/ super suit of armor is more then likely going to be an infantry level 4. Since the rules for joining Heroes to units say they have to match the unit type and base movement speed you could only attach an infantry 4 to an infantry 4 unit. Since there are no other infantry 4 in the game I think it is safe to assume he will be forced to fight on his own. I also assume he will just be a hero unit since it seems most of the "named" models are just heroes. So /shrug that's my 2 cents at least. As for price and comparison I haven't a clue. I hope he is resilient though because other wise you could easily focus fire down a single model unit fairly easy. Hopefully he will have a high DC and good armor save. I mean 4 armor is nice, which is what any infantry 4 would have, but maybe he will have some special rules that make him even harder to kill. Good thing to note though is notice how most snipers (with the exception of Angela) can only wound up to infantry 3. I think he is going to be hard to kill just because most things cant wound him in the game mechanics….. I guess Phasers have a good shot at it and maybe Lasers too. Not sure what SSU will use to deal with him though.

My guess is that they will be heroes and be costed in the 50 – 80 point range.

I have no dobut that I4's will be mean and nasty.

The SSU snipers can hurt Infantry 4, the widowmaker rifle dose damage up to Amour 4 gran_risa.gif

Also their grenades and molotovs, the Quad 12.7mm on the choppers, their walkers and upcoming tanks, so i'll think the SSU can manage gui%C3%B1o.gif

The SSU snipers can hurt Infantry 4, the widowmaker rifle dose damage up to Amour 4 gran_risa.gif

Also their grenades and molotovs, the Quad 12.7mm on the choppers, their walkers and upcoming tanks, so i'll think the SSU can manage gui%C3%B1o.gif

the smeer said:

That makes sense because I think Angela's rifle is actually a modified widowmaker (just slightly better because she can hurt vehicles better or some such nonesense).

No, Angela's rifle is a modified ATR that actually did exist - a Swedish gun, if I'm not mistaken. I believe they've got it firing VK rounds/ammo or some such non-sense.

And given the FACT that the Russian ATR was used, in squads, against Tigers (!), with great effect (my primary source being 'Tigers in the Mud' by Otto Carius), I think the game shorts the Russian ATR gunners somewhat (they fired at vision slits and blocks…which Dust walkers have).

no offense Warboss, but I couldn't actually give two flying fart . I care more about game mechanics then fluff any day. Angela's is the best all around unit the axis have. The allies get stupidly broken stuff like Cobra's and she is how we balance the game back from those little underpriced bastards.

I always find it funny when axis players complain about stuff when they have 2 different units and 3 heroes to go with them that are impossible to suppress, some of the best walkers in the game, the best sniper in the game, the best special platoon order in the game, etc, etc, but the other factions are not supposed to have anything going for them or else they are cheesy, etc…. It's hilarious everytime I hear it… the game is perfectly fine and balanced, I really wish people would quit the bitching about phasers already… it's pretty silly and it's a cop out.

…And I have more points in axis than I do in Allies or SSU and I play all three. I just did a battrep where I won using axis….

Strombole said:

I always find it funny when axis players complain about stuff when they have 2 different units and 3 heroes to go with them that are impossible to suppress, some of the best walkers in the game, the best sniper in the game, the best special platoon order in the game, etc, etc, but the other factions are not supposed to have anything going for them or else they are cheesy, etc…. It's hilarious everytime I hear it… the game is perfectly fine and balanced, I really wish people would quit the bitching about phasers already… it's pretty silly and it's a cop out.

…And I have more points in axis than I do in Allies or SSU and I play all three. I just did a battrep where I won using axis….

I highly disagree Axis have the best walkers in the game. Allies have the best hands down walker in the game at the moment in the Cobra, its 35 AP of pure win. Additionally the Allie Light walkers are amazing at their prices. I am not saying the game isn't balanced but there is a finite structure Axis have to build around in order to be competitive due to high pointed models and general combinations that are the only way to go for proper threat/ utility. Markus + Gorillas, Angela+ Snipers, Laura +Heavy Flak Grenadiers are basic auto includes in most peoples lists. If you don't use the Axis heroes your list suffers greatly, where as SSU and Allies have units that are good they don't require Axis synergy with heroes. Also there is more versatility in Allie and SSUf they have more potential all comer builds than axis again because of the point cost and required includes in lists.

I just take issue with people complaining about phasers in the same sentence that they mention Angela…. considering Angela is more likely to kill a medium walker in a turn than a cobra is, people are just using the phaser rules as a cop out… plain and simple. Axis have no problem beating allies… people just want all the advantages and no disadvantages in their preferred army. I guess its just the nature of people to never be satisfied with what they have… All actor want to be Singers, all Singers want to be Pro Atheletes, etc… and all wargamers want to be Blade, the daywalker… all the strengths and none of the weaknesses…

whatever I give up… aliies are better than the other factions… that way when you win its because you are just soo awesome that you can overcome the cheating phaser army cheaters and if you lose its because the other army is cheating army phaser cheaters… I'm actually getting sick of it, but I'm pretty much done with the Dust community at this point. I will continue to play the game, but the community just has too many freakin' whiners now… phasers are too good… Angela is too good… UGLs are too good… commissars are too good… whine, whine, whine… cop out cop out cop out… I'm through promoting this game. The people that I know that want to play it with me are free to keep playing it but I'm done with everyone else… It's just turning into 40k crybaby crap now…

^ Drama much?

I am sorry but you complain about complainers… welcome to the world bro, good luck in it.

I mean its cool if you just want to complain instead of present and defend an argument I can dig it we cant all try and debate stuff.

So far, I haven't found a truly over-powered bit in the game. Sure, some units have a great deal of advantages, such as Angela and the snipers combo, and who can overlook the effectiveness of the humble Mickey, which is pure cheap death to infantry and not half bad against light armor (and helicopters)? I'm mostly interested in the niggling little problems, such as the lack of grenades among German infantry - for the same points value, Americans get grenades and the Germans don't? That, I feel, is an editorial oversight. But overall I haven't found a unit which is truly cheesy broken (although the rocket-punch comes real close). Which is something of a tribute to the base game: It tends to focus more on combined arms tactics instead of broken heroes (cf games such as War Machine and Malifaux). So, by and large, I'm not complaining.

I never got the impression that anyone was really crying "the game is broken". I will clarify that all the "cheatin" talk I do is done tongue in cheek. I haven't felt any unit I have played against is overpowered. Dangerous, yes, but not overpowered.