Final Product Date?

By lowdog, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

Does anyone know when the real deal, non-beta final version of the game is planned for release?

FFG announce early 2014 for Rebellion and early 2015 for Force and Destiny. My guess is all the core books are unveiled during the GAMA trade show. So my guess would be April.

I didn't know FFG even went to GAMMA.

Not GAMMA, the Gamr Manufacturer's Association trade show. Most "early" releases debut at GAMA, otherwise the hit during GenCon.

GAMA is probably close, at least in terms of a "shipping to retailers" date (March 18th). People at GAMA could do the typical con thing and pick it up early. Then everyone else gets it in two or three weeks off the shelf or from a shipping service.

If we follow Only War's beta test timeline of nine weeks, that puts the "hey thanks y'all" sign-off message for EotE around October 19th. Since that is in Q1 of 2013 (fiscal quarters), we're looking at a Q2 release (Jan-March). A lot of it boils down to the long gaps in time that printing in China enters into the mix. Even if the development team makes their favorite end-of-beta changes and get the material off to Guangzho, it'll take a good long while to get the printing completed and then it's all loaded up on a boat and travels at the speed of smell across the Pacific gui%C3%B1o.gif .

Given all that, I think March 18th for us all to begin checking the mail and hassling our local game store owners sounds pretty good.

Yeah I figured they might be able to push out max to like the 2nd week in November before it has to go out for printing. That gives almost 3 months to see if there's anything crazy broken with the system and to identify major typos.

Yancy