Rules Clarification - Slow Death and Pain Link

By shamlin72, in Wiz-War

Appreciate any help with this as we are new to the game. Can Pain Link be cast as a counter to Slow Death only on the turn Slow Death is cast or subsequently as a neutral spell? In either case does the player who cast Slow Death take damage when the target player draws cards?

Thanks again -

shamlin72 said:

Appreciate any help with this as we are new to the game. Can Pain Link be cast as a counter to Slow Death only on the turn Slow Death is cast or subsequently as a neutral spell? In either case does the player who cast Slow Death take damage when the target player draws cards?

Thanks again -

It´s a very subtle question, Slow death is an attack when it is casted so you can cast Pain Link as a counter BUT the damage of Slow Death isn´t from an direct attack source (like Disease) so Pain Link isn´t work.

I hope it helps gui%C3%B1o.gif

Oh really? I guess my group got that wrong too :/ Oh well it did make it much more amusing for it to work the other way.

XDD, on the contrary i prefer the official version. If you look carefully all counterspells have a blind spot, and this is part of the fun. If you know that the most frecuent counterspells in your match are wall of earth for example, you would want to attack from your enemy´s square to make it useless, if your enemy is under the effect of featherweight in a tight corridor maibe a create wall could be very handy…

A perfect counterspell isn´t funny. ^^

ogid said:

XDD, on the contrary i prefer the official version. If you look carefully all counterspells have a blind spot, and this is part of the fun. If you know that the most frecuent counterspells in your match are wall of earth for example, you would want to attack from your enemy´s square to make it useless, if your enemy is under the effect of featherweight in a tight corridor maibe a create wall could be very handy…

A perfect counterspell isn´t funny. ^^

Right: point-blank casts of spells stop cards like wall of earth. My friends and I take advantage of that all the time, but then some like to play werewolf or disease on their next turn and you got close like they wanted you to do lengua.gif

demonio.gif

All strategies have disadvantages, but it could be even worse, imagine slime form + Mad Dash