Starship Scale

By JohnKellyDesign, in Game Mechanics

While running the first session of a beta this weekend my players ended up being on their ship and having to fight off a group of enemies. Sine the ship has guns it was the obvious decision to use them. However, the linked baster cannon on their ship only had a damage of 8 - which is less than that of some of their handheld weapons. With a quick look through the book we couldn't find any mention of personal scale versus starship scale in terms of damage. I just rulled saying that it did double damage so we could move on with the game. Has anyone else found anything relating to this?

JohnKellyDesign said:

While running the first session of a beta this weekend my players ended up being on their ship and having to fight off a group of enemies. Sine the ship has guns it was the obvious decision to use them. However, the linked baster cannon on their ship only had a damage of 8 - which is less than that of some of their handheld weapons. With a quick look through the book we couldn't find any mention of personal scale versus starship scale in terms of damage. I just rulled saying that it did double damage so we could move on with the game. Has anyone else found anything relating to this?

There's a bit in the book that states that ship stats are 10x the individual scale, I believe.

The sidebar Starships, Vehicles, and Scale on page 146 is what you seek.

Awesome, must have just missed that.