Strategize and Damage Question

By Racuul, in Runewars

Hi there,

I have bought runewars a few days ago and played 3 matches now.

I am living in austria - so i got the german translated edition

Now I'm looking for a correct meaning of the card "Strategize".

Actually it says that a monster is allowed to move into an adjacent area. (of course which includes the player's own property or is empty)

But does this mean you can only move 1 hex(so just one step? -> For example from area 2B to area 2A)

Or is it able to move through "the own country" if each area is connected?

The second question concerns the damage allocation:

If the attacker got 2 creatures in the first row and the defender no one.

the attacker draws 2 cards where each card got 1 damage sign.

Does the defender now have to:

a.) put the fist damage token to a create (A) and the second one (because of the ruleset injured creatures first) to the same creature (A)

b.) put the first token onto creature (A) and the second token onto creature (B) [for example on two different Dragons)

Thanks for your help!

Racuul said:

Now I'm looking for a correct meaning of the card "Strategize".

Actually it says that a monster is allowed to move into an adjacent area. (of course which includes the player's own property or is empty)

But does this mean you can only move 1 hex(so just one step? -> For example from area 2B to area 2A)

Or is it able to move through "the own country" if each area is connected?

You are only allowed to move each individual unit 1 area from where it started. Basically, you treat each unit as if they have 1 "movement point". Note that if there are mountains or water between two areas, you can't go "around" them through another area; it must be directly from one area to the other, or the move cannot be made.

Racuul said:

The second question concerns the damage allocation:

If the attacker got 2 creatures in the first row and the defender no one.

the attacker draws 2 cards where each card got 1 damage sign.

Does the defender now have to:

a.) put the fist damage token to a create (A) and the second one (because of the ruleset injured creatures first) to the same creature (A)

b.) put the first token onto creature (A) and the second token onto creature (B) [for example on two different Dragons)

It's (A). You place the damage one at a time. When placing each damage, if any of his units are damaged, he must choose a damaged unit first; this means you generally can't spread out the damage, but will typically be causing one unit to be destroyed before moving to the next. There are a few ways that you can have multiple units damaged at the same time, but they are the exception.

thanks a lot

I seems like you're the runewars developer (if I'm checking your posts) :-)

Then propably you can also help me with this situation:

A hero's quest says: Duel with an razorwing … (or an other neutral minion)

Actually I have found no explicit explimation in with row a hero will attack (fighting against a creature - not a hero)

-----

What do you think: It seems like the developer wants the player to choose the diplomacy option instead of fighting the neutral creatures

Racuul said:

thanks a lot

I seems like you're the runewars developer (if I'm checking your posts) :-)

No, Corey Konieczka is the developer of the game. I'm just a devoted fan :) Corey deserves all the credit for the awesome game :)

Racuul said:

Then propably you can also help me with this situation:

A hero's quest says: Duel with an razorwing … (or an other neutral minion)

Actually I have found no explicit explimation in with row a hero will attack (fighting against a creature - not a hero)

Duels don't work quite the same as battles; there is no initiative, they both draw and reveal cards simultaneously. (For what it's worth, there are no quests where you duel a Razorwing; you can duel a Beastman or Sorcerer in the base game, and the expansion has a quest to duel 2 sorcerers and another to duel a Giant).

In the English rules, it talks about dueling neutral monsters on page 28; basically, they are treated like duels with heroes for the most part.

Racuul said:

What do you think: It seems like the developer wants the player to choose the diplomacy option instead of fighting the neutral creatures

Both are valid options. Usually fighting them is easier, but being able to recruit them can be a big help. Thus, it comes down to making a decision - do you spend influence for a chance to get some potentially powerful allies, or just destroy them. Neutral units are often very powerful for what they are, especially combined with an army.