Dice question

By blinkey, in General Discussion

Why are the custom 8-sided dice from the SW rpg not the same as the custom 8-sided dice from the SW miniatures game? Noticed that the green stickers do not match the green 8-sided dice for the mini game.

blinkey said:

Why are the custom 8-sided dice from the SW rpg not the same as the custom 8-sided dice from the SW miniatures game? Noticed that the green stickers do not match the green 8-sided dice for the mini game.

Because they are different games that have different requirements?

In the RPG, they are ability and difficulty dice (green for the former, and purple for the latter). The green ones might easily be confused with defense dice for the X-wing game, but they use different symbols and different game mechanics. So, no, they are not interchangeable.

Speaking of which when will these be available to buy?

There is a set of dice in the Beginner's Box, currently slated for December 2012. Beyond that, probably not for individual sale until the full game comes out.

Of course there is the dice app though. That has the X-Wing, SW:EoE, and regular dice.

which is worth the money btw i do like physical dice but ill always have my cell phone with me

I assume the dice set will match the variety found on the sticker sheet?