Chapter XI - Crates of Krayts

By Gallandro, in Proofreading Changes

Page 210 - Tusken Raider is spelled "Tuskan" multiple times on this page.

Yancy

warning bit of spoiler for some --- im confused the encounter mentions only 6 bounty hunters, but then later under round 1 description it lists them as 2 units of four cordols chain apprentices(making 8), plus 3 more individuals -- 2 more bounty hunters (cordols chain journeymen) and tor cordol himself

should it be only one unit of 4 bounty hunters apprentices plus the 2 bounty hunter journeymen and the leader, cordol, thus being the 6 bounty hunters??

i wish to try to run this adventure to try out the system, any help/ clarification/ rewording is appreciated, thank you

Pg. 209, right-hand column, 2nd paragraph

The adventure mentions that if the PCs posted a guard or had someone on watch when the Tusken Raiders attack, that PC should be allowed to make a Surveillance check to spot the sneaky Tuskens. However, wouldn't Vigilance be a more appropriate skill to use in this situation?

as to my original post the page in reference is page 216 --- i noticed an error and edited it once, i guess i couldn't go back and edit it again to include the page number.

Jora's statblock, on page 210, has his Ranged (Light) skillrank cut off.

TUSKEN Raider is spelled wrongly (Tuskan) throughout the whole adventure, as well as in the index at the end!!!!

The end negotiations with Sinasu says its an opposed negotiation check, which according to the skill chapter would mean the characters negotiate skill against Sinasu's cool skill, but the adventure says "against Sinasu's negotiate" - which is a difference of 1 die - negotiate being higher than cool. It's correctly stated further down on the page, if the PCs decide to coerce the Hutt instead - then it lists cool as the opposed skill.

Given the new Adversary talent in the Week 5 update, which (if any) of the enemy NPCs in this adventure should have this talent?

Donovan, your question has probably been answered by now. However, here you go:

In Episode III, Tor Cordol is listed as a Master Hunter. Based on page 11 of the Week 6 Update, he should have Adversary 2. The Journeyman Hunters should have Adversary 1, so that applies to Cordol's Chain Journeyman.

You should be able to find similar examples for the other episodes. In general, it looks like Henchmen can have no more than Adversary 1. Nemeses can have Adversary 1,2, or 3 based on how tough they are.

I don't know exactly what the rules are for deciding when Henchmen should have Adversary 1 or not. I was going to try running a session with all Henchmen at Adversary 1 to see how it goes.

c8tiff - I see your confusion because the description does mention "a half-dozen armored bounty hunters." However, I played that half-dozen as the first group of minions and the two journeymen getting out of the lift ahead of Tor Cordol and the other group of minions.

Maybe someone can help me out with my own confusion. On page 216, the text describes the edge of the platform as 70 meters above the water. However, in the flavor text on page 215, the platform is described as "about a meter above water level."

On page 216, Pon is described as manipulating Sinasu's sled and the platform controls. He wants to drive Sinasu's sled off the platform and then sink the entire platform.

When did the platform get up to 70 meters above the water?

It seems unlikely that Pon could raise the platform that high without anyone noticing. One possibility is that he starts to raise the platform as soon as the bounty hunters attack. In the first few minutes of action, I suppose Pon could raise the platform high enough to be dangerous.

I would give my players a check to notice this change and an opportunity to discover the cause.

How have other people played through this part of the encounter?

My players messed up for Pon - they are on the paranoid side of things - one of them hunted him down before/during the negotiation and delivery of crates. When the BHs arrived, he shot Pon at close range. So no manipulating of sled or platform.

I would place the platform higher than 1 meter above the water, that gives the lowering towards the water intensity… 1 meter makes it basically - imo - a round before the platform is flooded. Not even Pon would want to be on the platform then.

I played the encounter with tw ogroups of 4 BH minions, the 2 journeymen and Cordol - I forgot about the adversary update though, damnation. It went well, over in three or four rounds due to resourceful and paranoid players… good use of starship cannon, grenades, aiming and a triumph used to immobilise/neutralise Cordol for 4 rounds (burying him in a large pile of techtank scrap metal). And of course the unarmed medic using stim pack thing for boosting agility on the assassin. The minions were helpless against cannon and grenade, whereas the journeymen managed to score a few hits…

Is Tor Codrol's vibroknife a misprint? It is listed as doing 7 damage, one point more than a vibro-ax and over twice the damage of a typical vibro-knife. I don't see any reason for it. Is it a misapplication of his talent effecting his damage with his rifle? Or is it just an epic vibro-knife?

I mean, I'll cut some fools with it if it is just that good.

TacBrindus said:

Is Tor Codrol's vibroknife a misprint? It is listed as doing 7 damage, one point more than a vibro-ax and over twice the damage of a typical vibro-knife. I don't see any reason for it. Is it a misapplication of his talent effecting his damage with his rifle? Or is it just an epic vibro-knife?

I mean, I'll cut some fools with it if it is just that good.

Probably just a case of the NPCs not having their damage ratings updated in lieu of the damage rating changes in the Week 3 update.

All the references made to the Surveillance skill should be removed from this chapter:

p.209 Bottom right: in bold

p.211 Top of right column: in bold

p.212 Searchin Greentop: in bold

p.215 Botton of left column: in bold

p.216 Cordol`s Chain Attack: last paragraph in bold

p.217 Chain Apprentice (Minion): remove from skills

p. 208, Left Col, last paragraph:

"To make matters worse, if the PCs become known as associates, they will soon be targeted by Cordol's Chain, a local bounty hunter group hired by the Noako."

The underlined "the" is grammatically odd; it implies that Noako is a group. Probably doesn't belong.

Ok, has anyone got a clue as to how many air speeders show up? And, as they are 2 man t-16s how are they going to pick up the hutt?