Quick question on sniper and covert circles

By pumpkin, in Tannhauser

Can't find anything on the forum about this and by the rules I think the answer is no but if someone on a sniper or covert circle goes on over watch can they activate overwatch if someone enters a circle they can target based on sniper or covert circle?

Overwatch rules only state circles on same path or adjacent but sniper and convert circles were introduced much later

It sort of makes sense you can overwatch and snipe but from the rules it seems this isn't allowed?

What do people think?

Cheers

pumpkin said:

It sort of makes sense you can overwatch and snipe but from the rules it seems this isn't allowed?

In my opinoin, you got both points right. It would make sense to allow overwatch attacks from and into Sniper circles, but you can't do it if you go strictly by the rules. This is a case where I would normally suggest sending a question to FFG or an entry in a new FAQ. The problem is that FFG doesn't answer Tannhäuser rules questions any more and it's uncertain if or when we'll get a new FAQ. So I'll suggest you to ask this question and find a soltion with your opponent before you start playing so all players know what situation they will probably be facing.

I would suggest to have miah include it in his FAQ that we hope to get "approved" by ¨FFG…