Jason Little and Sterling Hershey talk Edge of the Empire on the Order 66 Podcast…

By GM Chris, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beta

Greetings, GamerNation!

We at the Order 66 Podcast were tickled pink to be on-hand at GenCon this year for the beta release announcement, and were determined to get a show in about it as soon as possible. Thankfully, friend of the show (and a working developer for every edition of a Star Wars RPG ever produced, including Edge ), Sterling Hershey, was gracious enough to agree to be on hand to answer questions about the beta, and it's development.

Surprised were we, when we then got an email from Jason (Jay) Little, Lead Designer for FFG's Star Wars RPG (among many other things…), asking to join in the fun! What follows is 3 hours of epic discussion about the game, it's design, and some of the cooler features it brings to the table. We asked… they answered.

If you'd like to listen, you can download Episode 163 of the Order 66 Podcast from iTunes, or directly from our feed: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Order66/~5/fXwyaKKY6k0/episode163.mp3

And if you'd like to head directly to the Order 66 Podcast forums to discuss the episode, please do! http://www.d20radio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10969

A huge thank you to both Jay and Sterling for their time and dedication on this product, and for making this effort to keep the fans in the loop, and informed!

Peace, Love, and Good Gaming.

GMC

I tried listening to the direct download and via iTunes, but the podcast becomes garbled when you start talking about Destiny Points on both files. It clears up around when you start talking about Obligations. Overall, lots of good information, even if its hard to understand parts of it.

Hi. Great podcast! I did have some trouble hearing some of it though too but overall it was packed with information. Well done.

I was wondering if anyone thought about doing a live session like they do for WHFRP 3ed (Reckless Dice Podcast) It really helped me and my players with Warhammer 3 rd Edition.

Just a thought.

jamesewelch said:

I tried listening to the direct download and via iTunes, but the podcast becomes garbled when you start talking about Destiny Points on both files. It clears up around when you start talking about Obligations. Overall, lots of good information, even if its hard to understand parts of it.

We had 5 peeps on Skype, and it was throwing shoes all NIGHT. preocupado.gif Sorry about that, guys. It happens… not often. But it happens.

Daalrak said:

Hi. Great podcast! I did have some trouble hearing some of it though too but overall it was packed with information. Well done.

I was wondering if anyone thought about doing a live session like they do for WHFRP 3ed (Reckless Dice Podcast) It really helped me and my players with Warhammer 3 rd Edition.

Just a thought.

So - while we're going to be using Order 66 as a temporary vehicle for Edge information, a whole new podcast is in the works. When it kicks off, it will DEFINITELY include live play of the beta. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Most excellent GM Chris!

Yancy

Excellent!!

I will be waiting to hear that for sure :-)

Recording a live play of the beta this weekend!

Should be up in podcast form next week.

Excellent. Looking forward to hearing your guys' experience. Are you running the Crates of Krayts adventure or something else?

Great podcast! Really enjoyed it.

cparadis said:

Excellent. Looking forward to hearing your guys' experience. Are you running the Crates of Krayts adventure or something else?

I seriously thought about it - but frankly, I don't want to spoil that adventure for any listeners who haven't run it. So no. gui%C3%B1o.gif Sterling Hershey wrote it, and he's a buddy of mine, and I KNOW it's a good adventure… so that's a really hard call to make.

Instead, I'm doing something rather intentional (and maybe foolish). I'm deliberately spending only 20 min of GM prep on this game. Snagging some stat blocks and making high-point notes about the story flow. I really want to stress test this on GM prep (one of the supposed benefits of the system).

GM Chris said:

cparadis said:

I seriously thought about it - but frankly, I don't want to spoil that adventure for any listeners who haven't run it. So no. gui%C3%B1o.gif Sterling Hershey wrote it, and he's a buddy of mine, and I KNOW it's a good adventure… so that's a really hard call to make.

Instead, I'm doing something rather intentional (and maybe foolish). I'm deliberately spending only 20 min of GM prep on this game. Snagging some stat blocks and making high-point notes about the story flow. I really want to stress test this on GM prep (one of the supposed benefits of the system).

Looking forward to this very much.

GM Chris said:

This is exactly what I wanted to hear. This way I can still run Crates of Krayts even after encouraging my players to listen to the cast. Thank you!

Listening currently. Pretty good, so far. Glad "we" have something new to pod about.

$hamrock

Great episode GMC! I'm looking forward to the live play.

HalcyonAndOn said:

We had a fun session on Saturday, all recorded, with post-play reactions! Look for it this week!

GM Chris said:

HalcyonAndOn said:

We had a fun session on Saturday, all recorded, with post-play reactions! Look for it this week!

Really looking forward for it. Should be getting my book this week so that I can start devouring it!

Great podcast guys, very interesting listening! (shame about the sound)

Keep us up to date with the live play and the name of the new show, will be subscribing for sure!

Twak