Nationals Was Fun

By bitraven, in CoC General Discussion

I was able to attend Nationals at GenCon this year and had a really good time. I met a lot of nice players and played some very close games.

Thanks for a nice event FFG!

Hey, if you get a chance post your Gencon deck - I've created a thread in the Organized Play subforum and I'm trying to get as many of them on there as possible even if they weren't high finishers.

It was really a great event too, you're right about that. The CoC community is just supremely friendly and cool, and very welcoming to beginners. I played my very first real game (ie - not playing against myself just to learn the rules) at last year's Gencon tournament and people were very encouraging and very tolerant of my noobish rules errors at the time.

Unfortunately I don't think I got to play against you this year. There were 19 people and only 6 games, so I only faced just under a third of the field but maybe next time or on Lackey.

The Dayton Ohio crew (8) had a blast! We placed 4 in the top 8 but could only get 1 in the final 4. On to Worlds! Big thanks to all our friendly opponents especially the lessons that were taught.

Wow, that's a big showing - you guys should be proud of your community. Atlanta was supposed to have two but the other guy had car trouble and had to cancel. Hoping to field three for next year, we'll see how that goes ;)

Atlanta needs to have a regional! I'd gladly drive over from Huntsville to play other people :-P

We'll definitely have one next year, I've been kicking myself for not hosting one :)