So, no 4th Faction?

By Grim6, in Dust Warfare General Discussion

No hint of the Vril at Gencon? Or anything else that was not Axis, Allied, or SSU?

Grim6 said:

No hint of the Vril at Gencon? Or anything else that was not Axis, Allied, or SSU?

Nope, Paolo's interview in Dust Chronicles said we probably wouldn't see any 4th faction previews til after the first of the year.

No Japanese or Vrill at Gencon. Id assume they will do what the did with the russians and announce them at the beginning of the year and stagger the releases over the course of the year. But I do have hopes for the Japanese being first as Paolo and Oliver have hinted at thats the way its going to go. Plus this pic has been floating around the last week:

404061_508478835845696_233531577_n.jpg

If what we are seeing is a sprue for the US Marines weapons then Id guess there is going to be some poor Japanese soldiers for them to kill gran_risa.gif

That will make my day. USMC vs JA FTW.

The Wotan and the Ryu (Japanese first walker) are the same thing, just get the Japanese decals from Dust-Models and paint some axis stuff Japanese. Would be nice to see a Steel Samurai Walker at some point though and some Japanese infantry. I am kind of glad Vril weren't previewed (even though I was one of the ones crowing early on that their need to be 4 factions by Christmas). Fantasy Flight is obviously having growing pains on their mini side of things and I'd rather that their production issues were fixed first with the primary 3 factions before going to a 4th. It will be interesting to see how much of what was previewed actually make it to the shelves by Christmas.

Operation Hades is going to be the first true Campaign book for Dust Warfare, I am interested to see what sorts of additional content is included.

-jay

It seems to me that they could have 10 factions and people would still all flock to the axis, lol…. Not me personally (though I do have a lot of axis stuff, but then I have all 3 factions but I am an allied player at heart) but everyone else seems to be axis lovers, lol…

Seriously though, the game doesn need 4 factions, but they have to learn how to be a proper miniatures comapany before they worry about that so I'm in agreement.

Strombole said:

It seems to me that they could have 10 factions and people would still all flock to the axis, lol…. Not me personally (though I do have a lot of axis stuff, but then I have all 3 factions but I am an allied player at heart) but everyone else seems to be axis lovers, lol…

Seriously though, the game doesn need 4 factions, but they have to learn how to be a proper miniatures comapany before they worry about that so I'm in agreement.

What it needs is rules for subfactions with a unit or two specified for each sub faction. So you can have Majestic 12 as a allied force, but there would be a Majestic 12 only squad and a Majestic 12 only hero and some Majestic 12 only platoon options/platoon upgrades and orders. So 70% of the faction just uses regular allied figures and units, but 30% is different.

Do one or two Subfactions for each faction and you greatly broaden the appeal of the game.