co-op play

By zelq, in Rune Age

How does this game hold up for 2-,3-player co-op? My daughter is tiring of the competitive games and I don't dare let her stop playing altogether (though she still loves Citadels)! Looking at this and Battlestar Galactica, something we can play towards a common goal.

Thanks!

zelq said:

How does this game hold up for 2-,3-player co-op? My daughter is tiring of the competitive games and I don't dare let her stop playing altogether (though she still loves Citadels)! Looking at this and Battlestar Galactica, something we can play towards a common goal.

Thanks!

Well, I wouldn't suggest getting this if co-op was your only goal. It only has 1 co-op scenario and I'd rank that as number 3 of 4 out of the 4 scenarios included in the box. A lot of the units have abilities that wound or destroy units, but the encounter deck doesn't have units, so some abilities just don't work in a co-op setting.

The new expansion is supposed to make one of the Rune Age scenarios, Resurgence of the Dragonlords, a cooperative scenario, if the rumors are to be believed, but even then, you're looking at 2/6 scenarios as co-op and paying $50 dollars or so for the experience. If you can have fun playing competitively, this game is great and the variety of playing a resource race vs. a last player standing game vs. cooperative is really a big plus for this game.