GenCon New Units!

By Loophole Master, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

BattleTactics TV posted several cool photos from GenCon!

183718_452203454811015_73691585_n.jpg

Prinzluther. An axis heavy troop transport!

264670_452206241477403_731352923_n.jpg

Sturmprinz

547268_452202748144419_1871185934_n.jpg

Matrioshka. Looks like a Fury of Ivan with more MG power.

557454_452202834811077_9609895_n.jpg

Babushka. Now those are big machine guns!

304656_452202898144404_1963435579_n.jpg

Karl Marx tank. That's gotta hurt.

228999_452203558144338_1011314795_n.jpg

Heavy HEAVY Laser Grenadiers.

386782_452203814810979_1447465535_n.jpg

Jagdgrenadiere

309022_452204381477589_2111185228_n.jpg

The most normal vehicle in the game.

183677_452205564810804_1071521843_n.jpg

French and British Commandos!

We can also glimpse several Red Guard squads: Assault, Antitank, Command…

Best pics so far :)

Oooooooooo. Those are nice. I'm assuming those are "Premium" prices and not the standard ones. Still really awesome walkers and I am thinking that there maybe some british commandos in my army's future.

Finally some weapons teams - I was hoping we'd see something like this.

I wonder if they're not allowed going through small doorways since their base won't fit through…

So are there really that few Allied units coming out, or are people just not taking pics of them?

From all of the pictures I've seen on their website, I still haven't seen any sign of the SSU's other heli's. It looks like they have everything else though.

Battletactics.TV has TONNES of pics on their FB page.
Unfortunately, it looks like virtually all the Allied Units on display are already released… I wonder why there's no love for the Allies this year.

Huge mistake only advertising the premium prices only on the tags, HUGE MISTAKE… they are going to turn off a lot of people who will see 100 bucks and just keep walking… And since everyone else shows painted models, they will not even assume that those prices are for painted models… they will just think, "this stuff costs even more than GW!"

MY NEW HERO!!! Excellent photos!

The walker formerly known as "Prinz"? …yeah, bad joke, but couldn't resist

OT: that axis walker looks like 1-chassis, 2-options?

BTW, thanks for the pic's. Was gonna drive up to GenCon this weekend, but laziness and apathy kicked in.

Awsome!!!!, I especially like the Axis heavy weapons team. I saw two Allied units in the background, a French and British Kill team. I get to shoot the French Joy!!!

I don't like how the heavy weapon teams llok like. They could be sitting or lying down. Shooting from arm is possible with let's say mg 42 but using a gun that's bigger than the shooter?! On stand position?nahhh

Also i wonder if they will have to use an action to "ready up" the equipment.

Lska said:

I don't like how the heavy weapon teams llok like. They could be sitting or lying down. Shooting from arm is possible with let's say mg 42 but using a gun that's bigger than the shooter?! On stand position?nahhh

Also i wonder if they will have to use an action to "ready up" the equipment.

They look ok to me after all these are the guy's in heavy armour and the weapons although long, don't look overly heavy. Doubt if DT will go into the extra detail of setting up, nothing to set up when shoulder mounted, no more so than your normal bazooka.

I guess being on a base of three no models will be removed until it sustains three hits?

Shiny!

Heavy weapon team have a power armour, so can shoot from shoulders (minus eardrum maybe :) )

Yes the units have hit points and they take them like the heroes. Once they are all gone then you remove the init. Thats info from GEN CON.

cool new units but im happy with the walkers and squads at the moment i want some flying vehicles or units for the axis and allies!!!!!

What were the new Allied units?

The only allied previews I saw were a British Commando and French Foreign Legion Kill Teams. They were each armor 3, armed pretty similarly with some sort of rifle (not phaser though)

Look like phaser guns to me.

Loophole Master said:

Look like phaser guns to me.

Not long enough to be phasers unless they're a lighter watt phaser than what the Devils carry

Some guys were thinking that they might be a submachine gun, I will have to see some closer pictures.

I doubt if they will be an SMG, the SSU have them and they don't kick out enough firepower fo an A3 unit. They could be mini phasers but as there is no external power pack they might effect only infantry and light vehicles.

2pissed said:

cool new units but im happy with the walkers and squads at the moment i want some flying vehicles or units for the axis and allies!!!!!

If you go to Battletactics.tv on facebook there are photos and video of the Axis Jets.

Also the kill squads appeared to be sleeveless bamf (tattoos lol) with smgs. I would think a fast attack squad (suicidle) that can cause alot of damage. Everything in the video is all they had in the case. Took photos of everything in the case. Day 1 was the case and then day 2 they put the prototype jets in. Got some great photos from the back of the Axis walkers also.

I love the Axis jet. But the fact that there is no Allied aircraft is going to hurt some feelings. Oh well I am sure it's in the works.

Panzer soldier said:

I love the Axis jet. But the fact that there is no Allied aircraft is going to hurt some feelings. Oh well I am sure it's in the works.

I'm sure it is ;)