Week Seven Update

By ffgMark, in Game Mechanics

Germany indeed - I prefer my numbers to make sense. lengua.gif

Who doesn´t ? ^^

The charge of a Daemon Weapon Hunting Lance would explode, and then gradually grow back at a time determined at GM discretion (faster in places where the Warp is strong). It can be used as a Club (still a Daemon Weapon) until the charge is back.

That's the judgement I would make, based on the other "grenade on a stick weapon", the Anoxis Pattern Boarding Pike from DH: The Inquisitor's Handbook.

Maybe include some extra warp shenanigans like rolling Psychic Phenomena centered on the point of impact.

"Finally any ranged daemon weapons lose their original clip size and reload time: the daemon within produces the ammunition and consequently the weapon need never be reloaded again, though it also can only use a single standard type of ammunition." Page 194, bottom left

While its clear for Bolters ["no hellfire rounds"], launchers are entirely ammo-type dependent.

Emperor Castaigne said:

The charge of a Daemon Weapon Hunting Lance would explode, and then gradually grow back at a time determined at GM discretion (faster in places where the Warp is strong). It can be used as a Club (still a Daemon Weapon) until the charge is back.

That's the judgement I would make, based on the other "grenade on a stick weapon", the Anoxis Pattern Boarding Pike from DH: The Inquisitor's Handbook.

Maybe include some extra warp shenanigans like rolling Psychic Phenomena centered on the point of impact.

Such a bad idea.. partido_risa.gif

Now I'm picturing some poor party of shmoes caught in a warp/chaos effect.

GM: "Okay the warp twists and flows through each of you, but it empowers you too. Your most powerful weapons is now a part of you as a Slayer Limb."

PC: "But … I was carrying the Atomic Breaching charge. Are you telling me I now a Melee use only atomic bomb?"

GM: "Umm.. yes? Welcome to 40k and good luck with that. If it makes you feel any better the bomb will grow back so you can use it again."

PC: "What about the rest of me?"

GM: "How many fate points do you have?"

The Divination tree swings between quite underpowered (Psy Rating x2 bonus to BS and WS isn't much) to hilariously powerful (entire squad ignores cover, entire squad has a pool of re-rolls, see the entire battlefield.) Sanctioned Psykers also really do not need their Strength aptitude; perhaps Fieldcraft would be a better fit?

The BS/WS Bonus was rather incredible, and extremely popular, in Black Crusade and all that. Sure, it was perhaps a little too powerful, but its true they went a little far dumping it here. Just a little though.

Personally, I'd say just reverse the radius and %. 2m x PR radius, and 3% x PR. That would cover a very very tight, small shooting party only at PR2 for +6%, but if used at PR5, gives +15% to a 10m radius. A very substantial boost for your half-action, like giving everybody an aim action and a half. Get it to PR 8, and +24% in 16m is rather solid.

Regarding Perfect Timing, it would probably be a little less overpowered if it allowed a shift up or down by, say, 5%xPR to the location roll. Less powerful, a bit more versatile though, and lets you deal with all but total cover up to a point. Near-misses into cover become hits, hidden arm around the corner can become Body or even other arm, but "right leg" isn't going to turn into a head-shot.