Revised rules questions

By hothamwater, in Tannhauser

I just got the revised rules version, and I was wondering if there is still a rule about minimum spaces away for heavy weapons. As I remember in the first edition, there was a rule you had to be x number of spaces away to use heavy weapons, pistols, etc. or whatever on another character.

Is this rule still in effect? I didn't see it in the new rules, but it seemed like a good thing in the original game.

In the old rules, there was a limit and reach for each weapon type, to balance the whole game and maps.

With the new rules, this is all gone and just simplified. All weapons which are not melee (like knifes, claws etc.) can be used ranged or even while standing next to an enemy, which shares the same path with your. To my knowledge and understanding, it should be allowed to shoot adjacent characters even with heavy weapons, if they are on the same path as you. So attacking through a door is just a "melee" attack, with only knifes, hand-to-hand and all other melee weapons. However, the strong heavy weapons fobid the character to use Overwatch.

Kala

Kalavera's right, the minimum rules are gone.

To transfer the information from one thread to another :

If you are adjacent to another character AND you share a path with him , you can chose between a melee or ranged attack.

If you are adjacent to another character BUT you don't share a path with him, than you are forced to attack melee (knife etc. 4 dice) or weaponless (2 dice).

Kala