First game impressions and questions!

By Lilikin, in Runewars

Coming from Descent 1e, TI and starcraft board game.

Was A GREAT MINI GAME

Before I start, It was a one on one runewars rules finda game so we werent ott,ing the competitive so take backs and such were allowed to allowed

I was undead and my bro was daquan lords.

setup took forever due to the half A'd card sorting I had previously done when receiving the game.

We basically missed the whole hero thing just to keep the game going my first game of TI was a rules fest and kinda killed it for that group so wanted to keep it light.

Basically we both moved our starting armies into the middle through some Neuts and my bro got lassie slapped by some neut flyers.

Q1 There was a lot of routing is that supposed to happen? the forces come together some die and a whole load run? Seemed very fluid I loved it my brother didnt.

after a couple of turns I had loads of skelie archers (those guys have machine guns I swear)

Big fight in the middle I won something to do with millions of Skellies and him going after a few elites.

That was basically game over it was short and fun and incomplete and suprisingly fast!

Q2 Runes basically let me get this right all players get three 2 real 1 blank on setup to put on the starting area and none others are placed apart from quests and special cards?

Lilikin said:

Q1 There was a lot of routing is that supposed to happen? the forces come together some die and a whole load run? Seemed very fluid I loved it my brother didnt.

That's not unusual. Unlike many games, this isn't a game of total attrition and destruction - it's about trying to overpower your opponent, and that doesn't always mean death. It's not uncommon to deal little damage but more routs. Managing this is part of the strategy, and it does take a little getting used to.

Lilikin said:

Q2 Runes basically let me get this right all players get three 2 real 1 blank on setup to put on the starting area and none others are placed apart from quests and special cards?

There are several ways to get more runes; learning how to exploit them is the key to winning, and using your armies to secure these areas will make sure you win.

Ways to get runes:

• Timmoran Shards (a Reward card; there are 5 in the base game deck)
  • Most of the Winter season cards can provide one or more runes
  • The "Favor of Kellos" tactics card
  • The Captain of the Heroes' League Title card can be used with Rewards to get Runes
  • The "Dragon Throne" exploration tokens (if using that option)
  • Completing Objective cards

I hope this helps :)