Question about the Castle map

By kalavera2, in Tannhauser

Hi,

playing the castle map and entering from the stairway entrance with the 2 rubble tokens, each union character is able to enter the big hall in which the opposit entrance is placed. If we played this right, even Daniel Brown was able to enter (crossing the 2 doors) the big hall way (blue/green circles) and attack all characters, left after entering. I lost Herman instandly :-).

The question occuring must be: Was it a failure to leave Herman standing near the entrance, or did we miss/brake some rules? Maybe the map design is not very good for the new rules with limitless reach of ranged weapons.

Thanks for your input and help,

Kala

I don't have the board in front of me now so I can't count the circles, but it's certainly true that the entry points are located close together. So several characters are able to attack enemies in turn one. You will need to cope with that, so either move your characters on another path immediately after entering or move a character in front of the door to block your opponents way into the hall. Another option is to equip Hermann's Command pack so opposing characters can't enter Herrmann's path.

Hermans command pack is a good idea.

I blocked the door with the stosstruppen (due to their knife), but Daniels stamina is way to strong. I should have tried the command pack instead.

Command pack and Eye of horus as bonus token is a good idea, as you dissuade the characters from even trying to do the roll (automatic wound if they lose).

I usually play with this setup command and use hermann as a blocker. Think about Dungeon map, and placing hermann in a red/pink circle in the middle of the map, You instantly denied access to the 2 most important circles to a union team.

This does not work against matriarchy by the way. Voivodes are inmmune and zorka is likely to win the duel.