Cyber/Psyber Creature Guns/Ballistic Skill

By darksoul2220, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hey everyone, new to the forums, made an account specifically so I could get this question answered:

It says in the Inquisitor's Handbook that a Cyber-Creature or Psyber-Creature can be equipped with implants, and lists one of these options as a gun. I'm assuming that is referring to the concealed weapon cybernetic upgrade listed for player characters. Either way, I can pay for the gun, and even pay for the talent to know how to wield it, but that doesn't change the fact that my animal has a balistic skill of "-", in other words, 0. How on earth do I change that? And if I can't, then why do they specifically list "guns" as an example of something that can be attached to the creature?

Not to mention, speaking from a point of logic, if my creature can be given skills such as lore skills or languages, why can't it fire a gun?

Would love some quick replies!

Also what's the deal with the "may have equipment"? Does this mean I can attach equipment to an animal? What about, say, a backpack, or armour? Or what about a listening device?

From memory there are some 'software' upgrades in the cyber/psyber section that allow an increase in talents and skill training - perhaps there is something there to boost BS?
If not then remember that even with 0 BS you can still hit stuff. Put a bolt-pistol on a cyber-skull, give it a red dot sight, make sure it is programmed to attack from point blank range and to aim as a half action before each attack - you suddenly get a +50 to your BS for the shot, which is pretty tasty when you think about it.