how do you get the chef

By player684030, in Dust Warfare General Discussion

is he in a mission box?

He's in the Operation Cerberus box, that also comes with Angela and a 3 story modular building set. A good deal for both Dust Tactics and Dust Warfare players.

Its the absolute best deal when it comes to campaign boxes, without a doubt. The only other box that comes close is Zverograd. Zverograd only comes with a single story building but comes with a hero and a walker so its pretty awesome too. I have them both so I usually build 2 different two story buildings though I have used it as a single 4 story building in a game of Infinity once… great building… great heroes too in both of those camapign boxes though I admit that I have never used the Chef yet and its one of the few models I own for Dust that isn't painted. I bought the box for Angela and the building.

I agree. Op. Cerberus is the best deal in the game outside of the Core Set boxes when you consider what you get for what you pay if you don't also play DT.

Strombole said:

Its the absolute best deal when it comes to campaign boxes, without a doubt. The only other box that comes close is Zverograd. Zverograd only comes with a single story building but comes with a hero and a walker so its pretty awesome too. I have them both so I usually build 2 different two story buildings though I have used it as a single 4 story building in a game of Infinity once… great building… great heroes too in both of those camapign boxes though I admit that I have never used the Chef yet and its one of the few models I own for Dust that isn't painted. I bought the box for Angela and the building.

You play Infinity too? I've been wanting to try that game out - I love the minis for it (although I've only seen pictures). Man, we really do need to figure out how to meet up to play sometime.

I just finished painting the Chef. I've played with him once in Dust Warfare and he was a gamechanger - would definitely use him again. In Dust Tactics, pair him up with Hell Boys or BBQ Squad and you have an awesome close-quarters unit.

Infinity Rocks! Here are some pics from a recent Infintiy game at my place.

musashi-1.jpg game1.jpg wallace-1.jpg

I could host a game over here one night. I will just bring a fold out table into the party room and set up the game table and we can play in there…. I could always show you Infinity if you like. I have 5 armies for Infinity… I love that game… and it has the greatest models around in my opinion… but ya, Dust Warfare and/or Infinity whatever night you wanna make the trip down to downtown Brampton and I'll reserve the party room for a few hours in the evening. You will likie Infinity too… it freakin' rules and it has the coolest characters around because they are pretty much clones of heroes from the past and given the memories and personality of their namesakes… Imagine going to Total Recall and waking up and finding out that you are, in fact, William Wallace! or Achilles and Patroclus! Or Miyamoto Musashi or even Sun Tsu! Yep, the characters are awesome like that… its like playing out "world's dealiest warrior" except 175 years into the future with giant mech support and "Predator" style camoflage tech…. its freakin' badass and the game plays so awesome. The tagline, "it's always your turn" is soo accurate… I have had many games where I kill more guys on my opponents turn than on my turn!

I'd say MERCS and Bushido give Infinity a run for their money on cool models, with Rafm USX heroes not far behind, but yeah, Infinity has sweet models. Of course dust does as well, lol! Infinity is the only one of them I've yet to try as well. Someday. Of course, Dropzone Commander and X-Wing will put it off for me. Only so much money to go around.

Shadow4ce said:

I'd say MERCS and Bushido give Infinity a run for their money on cool models, with Rafm USX heroes not far behind, but yeah, Infinity has sweet models. Of course dust does as well, lol! Infinity is the only one of them I've yet to try as well. Someday. Of course, Dropzone Commander and X-Wing will put it off for me. Only so much money to go around.

Bushido has some cool models but I find the sculpts to be just a tad below that of Infinity but I have looked into the game. If my LGS stocked it, I would definitely try it but its too hard to get people to try a game that isn't sold on store shelves… I already had to do that with Dust and busted my ass to get the store owner excited enough to stock a Dust section in the store. MERCs has some cool models for sure as well and I have seriously debated buying a couple starter packs for it since it only takes 5 guys to have a force, but, as you said, there are only soo many games that a guy can play and only soo many dollars to go around. The Rafm USX models don't really appeal to me to be honest. I can certainly see the appeal but the proportions just seem a bit off and I'm a much bigger fan of true scale models.

When Dropzone hits the shelves, it will be hard to keep it out of my hands and I seriously debated pre-ordering a couple armies but decided at the last second not to as I really want to see how it plays and what the interest from other gamers will be first as an army in that game will reach GW army prices… that's the one thing that has me somewhat turned off of DZC… the pricepoint.

X-Wing will 100 per cent be in my hands first day, without a doubt. No other IP on ther planet has me by the short and curlies like Star Wars does. I have a bunch of expensive lightsabers, I have built my own lightsaber before for that matter, and I still play Star Wars minis as much as any other minis game that I play. I have soo many Star Wars minis it isn't even funny…. and because the game is out of production now and models can be found cheap, I just keep acquiring more and more and more and more… So X-Wing will definitely take my money… I'm not too sure if the game will be good or not, but I will find that out when I have the models in hand, either way. I just hope that since FFG has the star wars license now that they either ressurect star wars minis or come out with a new star wars ground based miniatures game. Hopefully they will have good success with Dust and decide to do more and more miniature games.

The other model line I am crushing on pretty hard right now is Relic Knights… I'm looking for a reason not to buy those sweet looking anime inspired mechs right now cuz my wallet just can't take the heat right now.

Shadow4ce said:

Infinity is the only one of them I've yet to try as well. Someday.

I think Infinity has the most true to life combat system of any game I've played. I really think you ower it to yourself to check it out. I really think with your background that you will really appreciate this game system. If you go to the Infinity official website and go to the downloads page you can download the quick start rules and even the full rulebook for free. Even the human sphere expansion rules are a free download. My suggestion is to download the quick start rules and if that doesn't make you want to then go back and download the full rulebook and read that whole book, then I'd be really surprised. I really think its a game you would really love. I can totally see you playing an Ariadna army!

Looks awesome, Strombole. Where did you get that terrain?

I'm actually really happy with the terraclips "streets of Malifaux" kit. I was really on the fence about trying it but I'm happy that I did.

keisotsu.jpg

felkor said:

Looks awesome, Strombole. Where did you get that terrain?

On the one side its just a terraclips "streets of Malifaux" kit that I origially bought for Star Wars because there is a hidden grid 1" square system integrated into it that you don't see unless you look, but its there which makes it perfect for Star Wars minis. On the other side it is just a Dust tactics map with a couple single story Dust buildings. The rest of the buildings are all paper buildings that I downloaded for free and printed on cardstock. I would have never thought that paper terrain could have looked soo good, but it actually ended up looking really cool IMO. Theres even a couple of the Infintiy paper terrain thingies from the download page on the website though I think those look a little iffy, but the paper buildings and shipping containers look pretty good on the tabletop.

Strombole said:

Shadow4ce said:

Infinity is the only one of them I've yet to try as well. Someday.

I think Infinity has the most true to life combat system of any game I've played. I really think you ower it to yourself to check it out. I really think with your background that you will really appreciate this game system. If you go to the Infinity official website and go to the downloads page you can download the quick start rules and even the full rulebook for free. Even the human sphere expansion rules are a free download. My suggestion is to download the quick start rules and if that doesn't make you want to then go back and download the full rulebook and read that whole book, then I'd be really surprised. I really think its a game you would really love. I can totally see you playing an Ariadna army!

To keep from being the, "Thread Pirate Roberts" I'm going to start a thread over in the Dust-War Forums to ask about this. gui%C3%B1o.gif

True… true… I am resposible for some serious hijacking… my bad.

Sorry to contribute to the hijacking.

To bring this conversation half-way back to on topic (at least back into the dust realms) - Strombole, do you use the terraclips terrain for Dust Warfare at all?

felkor said:

Sorry to contribute to the hijacking.

To bring this conversation half-way back to on topic (at least back into the dust realms) - Strombole, do you use the terraclips terrain for Dust Warfare at all?

I haven't yet, but I suppose you could if you wanted. But I have a Citadel Realm of Battle 6'4 gameboard that I use for playing Dust. I have ruined buildings, forests, rivers, barricades, barbed wire, etc, and I normally use that table for Dust and Warmachine and Lord of the Rings (and 40k but I pretty much stopped playing 40k months ago), and I play Infinity and Star Wars minis on the "Malifaux" table… And no, I don't play Malifaux at al, lol. I'm in the process of changing a large section of the Citadel table to have more Dust buildings on it while still being able to use it for Lord of the Rings. So I am going to try to have more modular type stuff that I can lay down over certain areas of the realm of battle table for Dust games…. So I'm going to remove the grass from a section of the table and sort of darker and grey it out and then just put down modular building/city sections down on it.

You can see how my first big Dust building is coming along on this thread.

www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp

We can talk more about Dust terrain on this thread so that we don't hijack this one anymore. The Chef can be found in Cerberus, lol

i HAVE AN EXTRA CHEF I CAN SELL FOR $14 INCLUDING SHIPPING.

Great board Strombole. Can't stand infinity, but love the terraclips inspiration. I have a few sets ill have to break out now.

I just bought some of the terraclips stuff specifically for dust. They arrive tomorrow. After watching the video and seeing how sturdy they stuff looks, it seemed like a good deal for lots of urban terrain.

Minatures Market has it on clearance for $27 per kit. The clips are on sale for $11. How many clip sets are you using?

I bought the street, sewer, and building set and 3 clip sets.