New Scenario at Brummbar44.com - Worthington Force

By Brummbar, in Tide of Iron

For those of you looking for a new fight, visit my website to grab the latest scenario.

Enjoy!

Thanks Brummbar, I have downloaded it and hope to give it a go soon.

Cheers!

Feedback is appreciated.

Note; this is a demo of what I am looking to do with some campaign booklets I have in mind. I would like to convince FFG that this is a viable product and that there is demand for it from the community (which I think there is)…so if you are in favour of more like this, let your voice be heard!

Thanks for sharing another scenario. Will download it and give it a try.

Looks good. I like the layout, way better than the overloaded FFG layouts. The vehicle cards are a very nice touch.

Thanks. I enjoyed putting it together.

I would refine the format were it a commercial product…but wanted a quick easy to print one for these purposes.

Brummbar said:

I would refine the format were it a commercial product

That is OK, but please keep the layout as clean as possible. FFG's layouts seem to be getting worse. I find the Gears of War rulebook very hard to read, for example.

Less is more! Agreed.

Ray Guns at BGG had some good points on the scenario so I thought I would make some mention of those here with my clarifications.

Concealed - The 88mm can be concealed as long as it is in the same hex as the squad with the concealed marker (see my Bridgehead Bretteville scenario for details). I had planned to include a Haus rules in the campaign this scenario was supposed to come out with….this would have been included.

German Reinforcements - Should their entry hexes be blocked, they may enter on any hex adjacent to the entry hex.

Find the scenario too easy as the Allies? Give the Axis the starting initiative.

Thanks again to Ray Guns at BGG for bringing these points up.

My friend and I got a chance to play the scenario over the weekend.

We played it through once and then switched sides and played it through again.

He used an interesting tactic against me in the second game, by parking a Panther on the hill hex in front of the house and a Tiger on the other hill along the road. That enabled those units to view the Victory Point hex to pin units there and also to call in shots from the double mortar team. I had 2 teams dug in on the victory hex hoping to hide them there until near the end of the scenario, but that didn't work out as I had hoped.

Thank you!

Scenario work just fine with both sides.
No complain about layout was heard, allthou we played with four players.
Good scenario!

Thanks for the feedback volks, glad you enjoyed!

Well, only positive feedback so far. A welcome change from most of the initial feedback to many official FFG scenario!

Good job, Brummbar! (Though I still have to try it out myself!)