Conspiracy Question: Digging Deeper

By Phantom, in Android

When you Dig Deeper instead of picking up a puzzle piece, does this cost an extra time? It's not explicitly stated in the rules, but the caption implies it. Or does that represent the time spent following up on the lead?

Thanks!

It's the 1 time for following the lead. When you follow a lead (1 time) you can place evidence or investigate the conspiracy. In that latter case you can reveal information (ie, place a puzzle piece) or dig deeper.

In effect you are using one time to get your marker to the next pile, so the answer to your question is basically yes. You'd have to then take another 1 time to follow up a lead and then finally uncover the conspiracy to take a puzzle piece from the stack you moved to last time (still new to the game - am I right?)

Phantom said:

When you Dig Deeper instead of picking up a puzzle piece, does this cost an extra time? It's not explicitly stated in the rules, but the caption implies it. Or does that represent the time spent following up on the lead?

Thanks!

No, digging deeper does not cost an extra time. The time was already spent following the lead.

How the lead is used is up to the player, i.e.: place evidence on a suspect, uncover the conspiracy (flip & place a puzzle piece or dig deeper), etc.

Referee was correct. I just thought I'd add a direct answer..

Thanks for the answer! I figured that was the case, but the picture added some confusion.

Still very new to the game.