Death Korps of Krieg medic question…

By Luis Mittelsmann, in General Discussion

OK, so in fluff Krieg medics are called Quartermasters, who would coup de grace the mortally wounded guardsmen and strip his gear for the next person, or tend the wounded men's injury if he was deemed salvageable. Wonder how I should represent him in game, shoot the PC's character in his head if the wound capacity is negative?

Are you speaking as the DM or a fellow PC? In either case, no matter what the situation, I would say never kill off a PC who has successful survived a combat encounter (even by the slimmest of margins) unless you're intentionally playing a high-fatility campaign and your PCs both know and want that. It may be against official Krieg lore, but there are plenty of ways you could probably invent some excuse why this PC is an exception. Again, if your campaign style is a high death count, by all means ignore my advice, but in my opinion a PC dying just because lore since he should will just lead to a frustrated player.

Luis Mittelsmann said:

OK, so in fluff Krieg medics are called Quartermasters, who would coup de grace the mortally wounded guardsmen and strip his gear for the next person, or tend the wounded men's injury if he was deemed salvageable. Wonder how I should represent him in game, shoot the PC's character in his head if the wound capacity is negative?

Luis Mittelsmann said:

Mortally wounded is the key phrase.

If he's lost an arm or leg or eye, then he can be saved and outfitted with a bionic. If he's bleeding out, I say shoot him. Basically, the Critical Hit tables do this for you. Anything that doesn't kill him can be fixed.