Online League

By Krisss666, in CoC General Discussion

It seams there are enough online players to start something, so first this is my suggestion.

Pls let me know your opinion and post if you'll participate.

I focus on a bi-mensual leagu to class all participating players.Reset stats every 2 months.

Each week, player can challenge all players he want, but only 1 time, so for the leagu, you can challenge at max 8 times the same player.

Challenge is in 1 game, so there will be 1 win and 1 lost

Loser post results with opponent's name + factions use by players and i'll manage to follow score with excel table

At the end of each week, the player table change, depend of your week result.

Each player have stat like number won, number win, point earn

if you play, you win point and if you win, you gain extra point. Extra point you win depend of position both you and opponent.

So, if you beat a player with better position you gain more extra point, otherwise you gain less extra point.

If you don't play at least 1 game in a week, you lose point.

You can change deck as you want

Finally some players grow up by playing few games and winning and don't lose

Some players grow up by win and lose but play more games in a week

So i'll use average win/lose if there is equality

You can try to use a "trick" to artificially gain point with a friend (1 week you win, the other you lose), but finally you have 1 lost/1win so your point increase but not your average ! If you win and lose each other, bot rank will probaly the same so you don't gain much extra point.

You don't need to do tricks and tricks won't help you to score ^^

Let comments and if you are interested !

there will be excel stat with players win/lose and faction win/lose

If the leagu is succesfull, we'll can see to add extra win point to accomplish CHALLENGE (stole X characters in a game, score X succes in a round etc etc). Each challenge won give a special icon for player (+ extra win point) but extra point count only 1 time by leagu.

sounds fun. i could do at least a game or two a week i think.

Not sure if any still exsist or not, but they're at least used to be online servies for rankings and what that could be applied to any game/format. It could make things easier to keep track of instead of having to do it all yourself (if they can be found)

Otherwise, seems good to me. Only part I disliked was the loss of points for not playing.

Sites like that still exist, most of them use some form of ELO rating like in chess but other algorithms exist. I'd just go with one of these as they're well standardized and these systems already take into account the respective ratings of both players to determine how much to add/subtract after each game.

The only caveat (and this is true with ALL systems) is that ratings tend to "settle" over time. In the beginning they jump by larger amounts and then gradually smaller ones as everyone's ratings get more accurate. For instance, I started playing chess online w/ chess.com against my brother in law. It starts everyone with a 1200 rating. After some games, I'm a 1428 and he's 813. Lately we've turned off the "Rated game" checkbox so we don't keep diverging. Point is though that since we've only played each other our ratings aren't yet accurate to the general public. I'm nowhere near a 1428, and he's probably better than 813 but whatever our true ratings (maybe a 1200 and 900?) I can consistently beat him so I can only go up and he can only go down. Thankfully he's not a sore loser and recognizes that this helps him improve so he keeps playing despite the losing streak :)

Anyway, adding a one-per-week against the same opponent will help with that, but also make it take longer for ratings to converge as many of us will likely only play a couple of different opponents per week. I don't know if it's worth it. Maybe consider doing twice a week or something?

So

why lose point if don't play at least 1 game per week ?

-If you win some game and don't play much, your ratio will be good and you can grow up fast in the list, but thoses playing much games will probably have worst ratio and maybe be placed under players playing less game.

Maybe if both players gain more points for each game (win or lose), i won't need to remove point for players not playing !
i understand losing point could be frustrated

- About online ladder: yes i have a link to test, but i prefer to ask for players before try to understand how the ladder works, but if it's efficient i'll use it instead of make all stat myself (but i'm thinking isn't too hard to use an excel tab for this)

- i propose to limit number game with same player to :

*mix opponents

*limit tricks

so 1 or 2 games a week sound good

Hey, i would definitely by up for something like this… Haven't really found any players in Houston, yet I own just about every card in existence! Which online program would you use? I've recently taken a look at octgn, not so sure about it to be honest…

Geordie

Great idea. Count me in.

For planning's sake, we'll have to take into account the countries of residence… Mostly Europe & USA I presume ?

I think Lackey will be the best choice since it goes well with the Deckbuilder.