all hail NEUTRAL GROUND

By COCLCG, in CoC General Discussion

ever since the release of jammy jam jamburg, i've been contemplating the card NEUTRAL GROUND, which i've seriously NEVER seen played before.

i've also been trialling a new deck of mine on lackey which is still being refined but is proving to be a nice little continual winner, generally 3 - 0.

BUT

it came across a clever little deck that through good deckbuilding and nice draws, continually shut me down early with diseased sewer rats and mentor to vaughn. after 3 games going down 0 -3, i finally decided that it was time to bring out my new card, replacing another location that was proving erratic.

end result. a final victory 3 - 0.

so beware all you peoples relying on or using magnus / jamburg / rats / mentor etc. NEUTRAL GROUND is here to stay in my decks ( and of course can be recurred by my own 'pain in the ' arsus jamburg ).

P.S. its also very handy vs people using red gloved man / ol crazy eyes to bring forward negotium.

If your opponent is depending on some Neutral tricks, this seems like a good way to shut them down. I know quietus on Lackey would hate to see it, he's been packing an awful lot of Neutrals lately in his decks :)

If your opponent doesn't rely much on Neutrals then it's more or less a dead card and a somewhat awkward resource (not matching your factions) but not that big a deal.

So basically it's a meta question whether it's worth looking at or not and therefore hard to answer.

Neutral Ground certainly locked me down the last game we played. It showed me I need to add more support hate. I'm thinking of dropping 3 bells; it may be too resource intensive and doesn't fit my whole tempo disruption/card advantage goal.

hee hee mr. hood. it certainly did. i'm not here to give away anybodies secrets, but just to let people know what may be around the corner, and hopefully, like yourself, be prepared next time for these types of eventualities. you have a ripper deck that stretches far beyond these 2 cards and i look forwrad to playing against the re-vamp.

as for value, i've seen enough magnus / shub / bells decks and a ridiculous amount of jamburg that at least 2 x will be a staple in nearly all my decks. yes, sometimes a waste, but for 2 simple cards it can shut down a lot of plans and seriously protect you against certain recurring supports ( again, i will mention no specifics ).