xwing in the uk

By wormiespice, in X-Wing

has the game been released in the uk and if so what is the pice

It shouldn't have been released anywhere yet. It should premier at Gencon in a couple weeks, and then hopefully be at retailers a couple weeks later. I don't know how things work on your side of the pond though.

Maelstrom (www.maelstromgames.co.uk) will be stocking it (I asked them ages ago) pretty much as soon as it ships. They normally do pre-orders on new products too.

boardgamegeek is trying to get a group buy together too for the UK.

thats from a seperate company i got a mail off him but his prices are higher than maelstrom

The U.K gamers are really going to get stung by the price per mini on this game.

the core set RRP as on the FFG site is $39.95 that works out at £26 rounded up. then addin what a store will charge for shipping to the uk and possibly add on what they will charge to ship within the u.k to your home (some stores do offer free 5 day delivery service admittedly, but thats only within the U.K)

so so Cardboard counters, cards and dice thats going to be over £10 per mini, and the expansion packs fare no better either. buy multiples of the expansions and you also end up with duplicate unique pilot cards which seams a waste.

surely the should put generic non unique pilots in the game and then do print on demand uniques?

granted the Tannhauser mini's also go for about £10-15 over here in the U.K but there you get every thing needed in the base game and you don't have to add in the expansions. Here by getting only one X-Wing you are kinda forced into buying more, comon who wants to field just one xwing all the time. the game and stle of epic movie-ness feel implies many startfighters on the table at once. I.m sure FFg could have put in two of each starfighter, surely

anyway love the look of the game, the rules seem really good, and i will be getting it but its gonna suck having only 3 starfighters and 4 players.

This is why I am contemplating (like many others) getting 2 starter boxes, though perhaps not straight away. An extra 3 ships, more counters and more dice (even in the combat example the x-wing gets 4 attack dice but only 3 are included) for the same price, if not cheaper than 3 expansions (say £30 and £10-12 resp) it has to be worth thinking about. Plus you'll have an extra rule book to throw around for the other players.

The Y-wing and TIE Advanced will be must buys for me and probably when I buy the first starter box but the expansion X-wings and TIE fighters will only be thought of after the others despite their pilot cards.

Looks like Maelstrom will be selling the core set at £25.19 , with the various expansions at £10.79 each, which looks to be the cheapest I can find for them all.

The13thfloor are offering an "Expansion Pack Set" , containing each of the 4 currently announced expansions for £39.99, which works out slightly cheaper.

Those are the two best prices I've found so far, does anyone have any other retailers they could recommend?

Gameslore has been recommended to me, prices are £22.99 for core and £9.99 per expansion ship, but no free postage.

maelstrom seem to be selling the dice set for £25.00 + even when the RRP is $7.95 , this is either an error on their site or they are over charging by a hell of a lot - cannot see them selling too many at that price , i have emailled them about the price but have got no answer back

they have now changed it to £4.49 , i hope they have altered all the preorders for this item for anyone who preorderedit at the wrong price

Who on earth would order the dice at £25?

I noticed this yesterday and emailed him also. Thought he might have been over excited, going to/from Gencon or something to do with the Olympics (thankfully THAT has finished). Good to see the new price though, cheaper than I thought all round which makes my wife happy (more money for her to buy shoes with!).

for the second time ever, I wish I was american today…. (the first was when obama got elected)

yeah i messaged about the dice like a month ago and nowt was done until the other day, a lot of other ffg products had a price change at the same time so there was probably a proper rrp price update for them.

games lore newsletter says september release