Gears 3 style hoard mode

By onimike, in Gears of War: The Board Game

Ok gears fans read alot about hoard mode and to be honest played a few times didn't care for their version to much so took some gears 3 addition and put the into this wonderful board game.In here I have put barrier for the team to fortify positions, make purchases and extended the # of locust and waves. Also included exp to make basic purchases and use of ammo and grenade tokens to fortify a position on map.
NOTE GAME RULES HERE REQUIRE EXANSION MAP PACK 1
• GAME SETUP:
Every player starts with characters load out besides ammo and grenade tokens; each player gets 2 ammo tokens per weapon and 1 grenade token. Start map setup for which difficulty wanted as hoard mode card states then after setup reshuffle location cards and pull 1 card from pile. Take locust spawn point on map tile from picked location card get an e-hole cover token and place it over the spawn point; this spot is now the general purchasing area and locust do not spawn from this point any more. Instead the locust that would normally spawn there now is divided upon the other spawn points evenly. A cog can bleed out if not revived after 2 rounds (a round is considered every time that player moves)EX: Dom performs 1 attack then on his locust a.i. he is downed by the locust finishing Dom full round so it counts as 1 round. Your general A.I. are 1,2,5,6,17,18
• PURCHASING:
There are several different purchases you may make with exp or ammo & grenade tokens. Ammo, grenades, weapons and order cards are purchased at the set spawn location you selected at the begging. Barrier set ups and upgrades are set purchased with ammo and grenade tokens at locations marked (?) 1 ammo token is worth 1 and a grenade token is worth 2. The only purchases that can be made during a wave are ammo, grenades, weapons and order cards, you cannot upgrade nor purchase barriers during waves. All wounds taken and done by barriers take place every locust activation. A locust cannot move through the barrier until it is destroyed.
1. 2 Ammo tokens or 1 Grenade token cost 5 exp
2. 1 Random Weapon card w/2 ammo cost 10 exp
3. 1 Standard(double sided) Weapon card w/2 ammo cost 15 exp
4. 1 Order card(permanent addition) cost 15 exp
Barriers Base and Repair cost
TYPE AMMO COST Wave Available by Difficulty
1. Caltrops/Repair 3/1 STARTING WAVE
2. Razor wire/Repair 5/3 2/3/3/4*
3. Electric barrier/Repair 8/5 4/5/6/6*
4. Laser barrier/Repair 10/8 7/8/9/9*
*IS THE DIFFICULTY SETTING BY WAVE (EX) Razor wire on casual is available on the second wave whereas the razor wire on Insane is available on the forth wave. So CASUAL/NORMAL/HARDCORE/INSANE=WAVE AVAIABLE.
The wounds the barriers take differ from the damage it does and varies between normal locust and bosses begin to show up at wave 12. Normal locust/Boss
Type Taken HEALTH Given
1. Caltrop 2/10* 5 1/0
2. Razor wire 2/10* 10 2/1
3. Electric Barrier 1/5 15 3/2
4. Laser Barrier 0^/5 20 4/3
*when a boss trys to pass through barrier destroys barrier instantly.
^when any locust besides a boss are instantly killed.
LOCUST SETUP BY WAVE:
WAVE 1:
A. TICKER
B. DRONE
C. NONE
WAVE 2:
A. TICKER
B. DRONE
C. WRETCH
WAVE 3:
A. TICKER
B. DRONE
C. WRETCH
WAVE 4:
A. TICKER
B. BUTCHER
C. LAMBANT WRETCH
WAVE 5:
A. TICKER
B. BUTCHER
C. THERON GUARD
WAVE 6:
A. TICKER
B. BOOMER
C. THERON GUARD
WAVE 7:
A. TICKER
B. BOOMER
C. GRENADIER
WAVE 8:
A. TICKER
B. GRINDER
C. GRENADIER
WAVE 9:
A. TICKER
B. PALACE GUARD
C. FLAME GRENADIER
WAVE 10:
A. TICKER
B. PALACE GUARD
C. BOOMER
D. BESERKER
WAVE 11:
A. TICKER
B. BOOMER
C. GRENADIER
D. FEREL BESERKER
WAVE 12:
A. TICKER
B. GRENADIER
C. THERON GUARD
D. GENERAL RAAM
All D marked locust are bosses which are spawned at map exit do not respawn and are combined with A.I. deck.

EXP FOR MAP DIFFICULTY PER COMPLETE WAVE*
1: CASUAL 4 EXP
2: NORMAL 8 EXP
3: HARDCORE 12 EXP
4: INSANE 16 EXP
*The exp given is to be divided to the entire team in addition each player that survives the wave gets an extra 2 exp.

EXP FOR LOCUST/BOSSES KILLS BY DIFFICULTY*
1: CASUAL 1/5 EXP
2: NORMAL 2/7 EXP
3: HARDCORE 4/10 EXP
4: INSANE 5/12 EXP
*A player that wounds a locust/boss receives 1 exp for wounding so you don't just have to kill to gain exp

This is awesome, thanks so much for posting this!!! I can't wait to try it. I haven't even tried original horde mode, I'm going straight to this.