New to Dust Tactics

By McScrotington, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

I recently made a few Dust Tactics purchases after playing the game a couple of times. I have almost $300 dollars in store credit at my FLGS and I am interested in expanding my collection. In addition to the items listed below, I have 2 copies of the play mats, dice, terrain features, and tiles from the Revised Box Set. I want to create 2 balanced forces (Axis and Allies) with a variety of terrain features at my disposal so I can create fun games for friends. This is where you come in. Below I have listed the game pieces that I own and the purchases that I am considering for purchase. So, what would you spend $300 on in you were in my position?

OWNED

-Allies-

-Heroes

Rhino x2
Action Jackson
Bazooka Joe

-Units

Hell Boys x2
Death Dealers x2
The Hammers x2
BBQ Squad
Recon Boys

-Walkers

Blackhawk x2
Mickey/Pounder/Hot Dog x2

+Axis+

+Heroes

Lara
Stefan
Totenmeister
Grenadier X

+Units

Strumpioniere
Heavy Flak Grenadiers
Heavy Laser Grenadiers
Battle Grenadiers/Panzer Killers (old cards)
Heavy Recon Grenadiers

+Walkers

Hans
Luther/Ludwig/Lothar (old cards)

PURCHASES

-Allies-

-Units

The Gunners $20
The Boss $15
Special Ops Rangers $15
Grim Reapers $15
Tank Busters $15
Red Devils $20
Corps Officers $20
Allies Hero Pack $20

-Walker

Light Assault Walker $25
Heavy Assault Walker $40
MCM M3 $30

TOTAL = $235

+Axis+

+Units

Recon Grenadiers $15
Laser Grenadiers $15
Kommandotrupp $15
Special Ops Grenadiers $15
Axis Gorillas $15
Axis Zombies $15
Heavy Kommandotrupp $20

+Walkers

Light Panzer Walker $25
Heavy Panzer Walker $40
Axis Panzer-Kampflaufer III $30

TOTAL = $205

=Accessories=

Terrain Tile Set $30
Operation Cyclone $40
Operation Seelowe $40
Operation Ceberus $45
Units Card Upgrade Pack $15

TOTAL = $170

Here's my suggestion:

-Allies-

The Boss $15
Special Ops Rangers $15
Grim Reapers $15
Tank Busters $15
Red Devils $20
Corps Officers $20

Light Assault Walker $25

+Axis+

Recon Grenadiers $15

Laser Grenadiers $15
Kommandotrupp $15
Special Ops Grenadiers $15
Axis Gorillas $15
Axis Zombies $15
Heavy Kommandotrupp $20

Light Panzer Walker $25

=Accessories=

Operation Seelowe $40

TOTAL $300

Just at a glance you have allot of infantry. I would recommend light, medium, and heavy walker purchases. Other than that you already have allot to experiment with. So play and figure out your stile and what you need.

This is the most commonly asked question by newbies. So take the time to look through old posts. That should give you allot of infoe. Also visit the site Dust PDX. They have the cards displayed for every unit yet produced. This should assist you with purchases.

Thanks for the info. I did browse the site for a bit to see if the question had been answered already but the most common answer that I found was "We answered that already, look around for it." Anyway, thanks again.

McScrotington said:

Thanks for the info. I did browse the site for a bit to see if the question had been answered already but the most common answer that I found was "We answered that already, look around for it." Anyway, thanks again.

While this IS asked over and over again, it's only the more rude and blunt posters that get the succinct "piss off, go search the forums" response.

Loophole Master said:

McScrotington said:

While this IS asked over and over again, it's only the more rude and blunt posters that get the succinct "piss off, go search the forums" response.

Agreed