How to know which pilot is with which ship on same ship types?

By sir.galahad, in X-Wing

I cannot wait till the release of this game at Gen Con 2012! It looked so cool at last year's Gen Con and I am glad they went 'back to the drawing board' to provide the game more depth! Ok…sorry for the excitement!

My question is: Does anybody know if FFG has a method to tell which pilot card goes with which ship when there are like ships on the board? (An example might be that you have three X-WINGS on the board with Biggs, Luke and Wedge. So how do you know which pilot is with which ship?)

I guess my thoughts would be to use a small colored sticker with one on the ship base and one on the card sleeve for each pilot. (This has worked well for me with Star Wars Miniatures!) I suppose colored glass beads would work as well. My real concern is did FFG provide a way to tell? I am assuming that the pilot card is not placed next to each ship as the playing surface would get way to crowded!

Have I missed something? Does anybody have any thoughts or answers?

Thanks in advance!

sir.galahad

If you look closely, you will see that each ship base has a small token that fights over the flight stand for each pilot with his name, basic stats and available maneuvers. To change pilots for the ship, pop off the token and replace.

Thank You Starnite_IV!!

Makes perfect sense to me and I was unaware. gran_risa.gif