where do i find the ban list

By trane2, in UFS Rules Q & A

read topic. i just need to find out if a couple cards are legal.

UFS Bans/Errata/Rotation Information October 2, 2008

Banned:
Dhalsim3
Cassandra2
Zasalamel3
Hugo3
Ibuki2
Double-Dealing
Enlightenment
Turbo
Strength of Purpose
Erode the Human Soul
To the Bone
Penetrating Lunge
Defender of the Empire
Kasumi Gaki
Kubi Ori
Ruler of Southtown
The Noble Scion of an Odious Bloodline
Quick to Anger
Happy Holidays
Concealed Shallow Swipe
Higher Calibur
Effective 10/2/2008 the following cards were banned from sanctioned play:
Addes Syndicate SNK03 135/144
Revitalize SNK03 131/144
Military Rank SF06 98/99
Bleeding Internally UFS5P 1/4
Broken Leg UFS5P 3/4

Character cards that have rotated out of Standard and into Legacy:
PA
SF01, SF02
SC01, SC02
SF1P
SC1P

Cards that have errata
(check the Tournament Rules or ask your Scout):
Guile3
Taki1
Ken2
Nightmare3
Abyss2
Talim1
Adon1
Matt Kohls
Beginner's Luck / Green
Quick Elbow / Jab
Lost Memories
Hem Stitch
Nature's Defender
Ryu's Ashura Senku
Manji Ninjutsu
Rolling Storm
One-Armed Maneuvers
Nothing to Lose
Red Gi
Addes Syndicate
Makoto1

Next character card rotation: December 19th 2008 (Set 11)
SNK01
SNK1P
SF03
SF3P
SCBP
SC3P

**Stamp for JDUB**

I thought characters rotated as soon as the pre-releases happened? Wouldn't that make the next character rotation happen on the 12th of Dec.?

Pre-release was moved from the weekend of the 12th to the weekend of the 19th. There's an announcement on the UFS homepage.

So I've juts been screwed out of a pre-release by FFG, thanks guys. Some of us have jobs, and I can get fired for asking for time off during the holiday season, now I have to tell my boss "Sorry, I have to get a different day off." It was hard enough getting it off the first time.

Ender Dragon said:

So I've juts been screwed out of a pre-release by FFG, thanks guys. Some of us have jobs, and I can get fired for asking for time off during the holiday season, now I have to tell my boss "Sorry, I have to get a different day off." It was hard enough getting it off the first time.

This is rules Q&A.

Your response has nothing to do with the rules. Take it to Gen D or Soapbox.

<No responses to this or ED's post please>

Why are some of theses cards banned? I'm new, and very confused...

for "champ's sake" and because i'm violently bored atm:

Banned:
Dhalsim3 - promoted negative play experience (NPE) due to his handsize reducing R combined with difficulty to kill due to his lifegain
Cassandra2 - NPE due to being unable to play any foundations, or block her attacks
Zasalamel3 - NPE due to being able to cycle through his entrie deck on turn 2 and kill you 99.78234% of the time. poor wording on his 'restriction' enabled this
Hugo3 - was able to search his deck for any card any time he needed it. he could answer anything you played, and better. he also could jam you at a 3 hs for the entire game with Fortune and Glory.
Ibuki2 - her R combines with red lotus of the sun (an overpowered foundation to begin with) meant her staging area was untouchable.
Double-Dealing - lead to an infinite loop
Enlightenment - misworded, and doesn't function properly (missing "playable while committed" on the form)
Turbo - infinite combo with set 2 raphael. also helped zas3.
Strength of Purpose - infinite combo
Erode the Human Soul - the cost of the card removed it from the card pool. nearly impossible to stop infinite mill combo
To the Bone - restricted play design from a creator's standpoint. effects like chain throw's E pushed it over the edge.
Penetrating Lunge - punished the player for blocking. this card made blocking more dangerous than just taking the damage.
Defender of the Empire - way too much card draw for no cost, and reuseable. combined with dark hado (from set 4) for maximum stupidity
Kasumi Gaki - infinite loops, but more importantly, the foundation dropping ability - no restriction on what could be dropped.
Kubi Ori - nearly infinite combo. the high speed and offzone attack meant games would end prematurely from inability to block
Ruler of Southtown - NPE due to being able to activate it with no tokens and set checks to 0
The Noble Scion of an Odious Bloodline - NPE due to being able to lock the opponent out from ever playing a card
Quick to Anger - infinite loop with US Air Base
Happy Holidays - because i asked (ok, seriously, it's more to the NPE factor of locking out an opponent from being able to attack you at no cost. almost no way to stop it. AND because i asked :P )
Concealed Shallow Swipe - promoted foundation wars by being the only attack needed to kill an opponent.
Higher Calibur - the R was too "free" and lead to many NPE situations where the opponent had to NOT play an R, or risk readying every card you owned.
Effective 10/2/2008 the following cards were banned from sanctioned play:
Addes Syndicate SNK03 135/144 - too powerful, and the restriction was easily worked around. another "free" ability
Revitalize SNK03 131/144 - forced players into building decks that could kill with one hit or turn (see CSS above), and had no drawback. instead it had amazing stats and combos incredibly with the card below.
Military Rank SF06 98/99 - made every card with a block on it able to be picked up for repeated use.
Bleeding Internally UFS5P 1/4 - almost no drawback for being able to zero out an attack. cards that discard from the cardpool/staging area made the drawback a non issue (see cathedral overlook)
Broken Leg UFS5P 3/4 - almost no drawback for being able to zero out an attack. cards that discard from the cardpool/staging area made the drawback a non issue (see cathedral overlook)

hope that helps

that cleared up my quistions. thanks jdub!

Where is that darn ban list?