Several questions about in-game situations

By kalavera2, in Tannhauser

After some further games with the basic Reich and Union chars, I got some new questions. Maybe they have extensivly

1.) If a character has a token with the declarition "always use your best attack/stamina value", does this count for counter attacks too ?

2.) If a mental duel (Pathmos Amulet) with Hermann Heinzinger was successfull, is he allowed to :

- Throw a grenate with the defeated hero (like the bomb of Tala) ?

- Is he allowed to move the enemy character into a "bull rush", which might end in a free attack ?

3.) Can mental attacks (like Hermanns Pathmos) find targets stading in a path with an aktive smoke granate ?.

4.) Can McNeal throw a granate into a smoke filled path, due to his goggles ?

5.) What happens if everybody wants to set his last two characters on Overwatch (This happend ! :-) ) ?

6.) A character wants to pass 2 enemys (which are adjacent to each other -→ no free cirlce between them). So he is forced to bull-rush 2 times, with seperate dice rolls. What happens if the first roll passes successfull and the second is lost ? Where shell the bullrushing character be placed and how many free attacks shell be executed ?

7.) Is it allowed to shake of a received Hand-to-Hand wound after the shockroll ?

8.) Playing the game mode "King of the hill", every player starts with 3 CP's. These enable him to reinforce a dead troup each round. Is there a limitation how many times a troup can re-enter ? The reviesed rules say "no-→ its limitless".

9.) If a reinforcment troup enters again, do they really regain all their equipment , especially granates (this was horrible!!!) ? I wrote, that they are allowed to change the type of "pack", but I found no explicit rule, that forbids to re-enter with full equipment.

This are a lot of basic questions, but I hope that you find time to answer them. I'm very thankfull for your support.

Kala

1.) If a character has a token with the declarition "always use your best attack/stamina value", does this count for counter attacks too ?
Yes.

2.) If a mental duel (Pathmos Amulet) with Hermann Heinzinger was successfull, is he allowed to :
- Throw a grenate with the defeated hero (like the bomb of Tala) ?
No, because the target may only attack.

- Is he allowed to move the enemy character into a "bull rush", which might end in a free attack ?
I have to admit I don’t know and never even thought about it. But IF this was allowed and IF you managed to move another character in just the right circle, it would be a cool move!

3.) Can mental attacks (like Hermanns Pathmos) find targets stading in a path with an aktive smoke granate ?
Yes, because Smoke only affects attacks but not Hermann’s Mental duels.

4.) Can McNeal throw a grenade into a smoke filled path, due to his goggles ?
As Smoke only affects attacks, everyone can throw grenades wherever they like. There was (or is?) a wrong answer about this in the FAQ that was later corrected.

5.) What happens if everybody wants to set his last two characters on Overwatch (This happend ! :-) ) ?
The turn will be very short because nothing happens.

6.) A character wants to pass 2 enemys (which are adjacent to each other -→ no free cirlce between them). So he is forced to bull-rush 2 times, with seperate dice rolls. What happens if the first roll passes successfull and the second is lost ? Where shell the bullrushing character be placed and how many free attacks shell be executed ?
Revised rules, page 17: A character may only attempt one bull rush per activation.

7.) Is it allowed to shake of a received Hand-to-Hand wound after the shockroll ?
Yes.

8.) Playing the game mode "King of the hill", every player starts with 3 CP's. These enable him to reinforce a dead troup each round. Is there a limitation how many times a troup can re-enter ? The reviesed rules say "no-→ its limitless".
It’s limitless.

9.) If a reinforcment troup enters again, do they really regain all their equipment , especially granates (this was horrible!!!) ? I wrote, that they are allowed to change the type of "pack", but I found no explicit rule, that forbids to re-enter with full equipment.
You may choose any equipment pack for your reinforcement and it enters with every token.

Here you are. If anyone knows about question 2 or if I answered anything wrong, please comment!

Regarding Question 2 part 2, because Bull Rush is part of the movment rules and is not any kind of an action, I see no reason why a character may attempt a Bull Rush while under Hermann's control.

The real quesstion here is who will the character be allowed to Bull Rush, because you can only Bull Rush an enemy, but in this case will that be Hermann's enemy (as he is in control) or will it be the targets enemy (Hermann's ally).

I'll investigate further, but I'll assume that it will be the target's enemy not, Hermann's.

Thanks for your answers!

I am very happy, that Hermann can attack non-adjacent enemys in the smoke. Is OZO able to shoot with DOOM into the smoke as "If" there wouldn't be any smoke ?

Smoke Grenades (SG) are somehow a little bit strange in it effects. If it is possible to throw a normal grenade "aimed" into smoke, how do you use the SG's usefull in the game ? We used SG to avoid any ranged fighting interactions on this path. Maybe Miah999 could make a good "tips for smoke grenade use" video on his block (if you find the time :-).

Thanks for your help. After the next sessions of Tannhäuser, I will post some new questions :-). Even after 5 games, there is soooo much room for rule-mistakes. Beside, the games last 3 houres or longer :-)

Kala

New questions have arrived :-) :

The equipment cards for the Stosstruppen, show 5 dice for an attack. Is this correct ? I thought, they have 5 dice when carrying a melee weapon. This would not be the case, while using the stamina pack.

Another question regards the duplicate of the castle on the backside of the Novgorod map. Miah999 wrote in an older thread, that he plays with both maps at the same time. Are there some rules how to play on two maps with 4 teams ? Yet, I know about rules for 4 teams on one map (which is really tight).

Thanks for your support.

Kala

Miah999 said:

I'll investigate further, but I'll assume that it will be the target's enemy not, Hermann's.

That's what I'd say as well. So if you'd want to pull off that tactic, you'd have to move one of your characters into a circle that will be on the way of Hermann's target before you actually use the Patmos amulet. And remember that Hermann's target may not move anywhere you like, it has to move away from Hermann. Even if it is legal, it won't be easy to pull off in a game.

Is OZO able to shoot with DOOM into the smoke as "If" there wouldn't be any smoke ?
Yes, smoke doesn’t affect him if he’s out of the smoke. Please note that Ozo is affected normally by smoke if he is standing in the smoke himself.

Smoke Grenades (SG) are somehow a little bit strange in it effects. If it is possible to throw a normal grenade "aimed" into smoke, how do you use the SG's usefull in the game ? We used SG to avoid any ranged fighting interactions on this path.
You did right, you should just say “ranged attacks” instead of “ranged fighting interactions” because that’s just what SGs do. They are very useful for the Union because MacNeal and Ramirez ignore smoke and the Alphas may throw grenades without being affected. They are also useful for the Shogunate to get into melee without being gunned down.

The equipment cards for the Stosstruppen, show 5 dice for an attack. Is this correct ? I thought, they have 5 dice when carrying a melee weapon. This would not be the case, while using the stamina pack.
Their Special object “Demon taint” counts as a Hand-to-hand weapon as well, so a Stosstruppen would roll at least 5 dice while attacking.

Another question regards the duplicate of the castle on the backside of the Novgorod map. Miah999 wrote in an older thread, that he plays with both maps at the same time. Are there some rules how to play on two maps with 4 teams ? Yet, I know about rules for 4 teams on one map (which is really tight).
Operation Hinansho has rules for using 2 maps.

Nice,

Playing with 2 maps is awesome. I need a bigger tabel and more time to play even more. This game adicted me.

Thanks for your answers.

Kala