TOI question/concerns/comments from an old timer:

By Nostromo, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

1) why the new map cutout/puzzle links. Not sure why they did this. It makes it hard now when I am trying to find pieces...i have to look if it needs the 'standard' cut or the original cut.

2) Feats: overall a good idea as they are 'treachery' for the players. It seems like it will really boost the players power.

3) Monster eggs: Just another prop for TOI only. Ok so we have, Altars (AoD), a ton of stuff from RtL, Monster eggs (ToI), corrupted terrain (WoD?), progress tokens...all of these items are not plug and playable. THey are only specific to THAT expansion. It gets kind of frustrating as I have bought ALL expansions and there is no way to get these things in play unless I play one specific level or something....It kind of pisses me off that FFG is really good about making sure you don't need one expansion to buy another--they are expansion independant marketing...which sucks for most of us on the board that buy EVERY frickin expansion. HOw about some marketing for us that lets' us USE half the stuff we bought at any opportunity--instead of letting it collect dust.

4) Shorter standard levels: Nice like that these are 'generally' shorter in length--good move.

5) RtL content: Overall a little light but really good for what is there. The dungeon and rumor level are nice and having a couple more outdoor locations is good.

While I agree with most of what you said, don't forget that those components can be utilized when you are custom map building. Unfortunately that is not something I have the time for let alone would enjoy doing. Also, just because the pieces are specific to only 1 quest, that's not a bad thing. I agree it would have been nice to incorporate these into more quests but there is always the future.

I think they could satisfy the expantion mixing for players all of them with just a few online avelable adventures that combined the sets. I would be neat to see a dungion that used every last piece.

I really hope decent takes a page from the tide of iron and releases a book of adventures written by promonate RPG writers.

I don't have any gripes about Descent other than the inability to use some of the items or tokens from the various expansion sets that "collect dust". I too hope we will see a RTL book of additional quests along with cards to add to the existing decks of cards. I also think it would be cool to see some new avatar packs that come with all the additional bits for said avatar including a mini, new lieutenants that are specific to the Avatar as well as maybe a couple that can be used by any of the Avatars. I also would love to see some specific scuplted minis for the Avatars as well maybe release a Avatar minis pack?

I plan to use the monster eggs if my heroes decide to attempt the RtL Rumor "The Hatchlings." You could also force Landrec, er, rather, the player who sucked the most to carry one around as a rotten egg.

TylerT said:

I think they could satisfy the expansion mixing for players all of them with just a few online available adventures that combined the sets. I would be neat to see a dungeon that used every last piece.

Thats the one thing Ive wanted to see. I want some new RtL dungeons/encounters to have expansion props and such. While playing RtL it feels like Im not using AoD or WoD exapansions at all.

And as for the massive peice dungeon... I should get on that... hrm

What happened to the ToI rules? They were on here a few days ago and I was going to wait to read them when I had some time. I finally sit down and they are nowhere to be found. Can anyone point me in the right direction with a link?

I have the ToI rules Downloaded... infact I have all the rules DLed plus the FAQ's. I can send them to you if you want.