Walker parts!!!

By 2pissed, in Dust Tactics General Discussion

Ok, I'm pretty new to the game and just got my first army both Axis and Allies up and running. I understand how including the extra weapons in the walker boxes can allow you to play with all the options however if i want to run more than one medium/light/heavy walker of the same group, ie Henrich and Hermann i don't want to have to buy the whole thing when all i really need is another walker and maybe one of the smaller attachments like a light or machine gun.

I know the prices are really reasonable compared to other miniature games out there "cough 40k cough" but its a shame paying for all that extra stuff when i don't need the cards or all the weapons, unless i wanted to run two of the same unit of course!

has anyone seen anything addressing this issue?

Happy gaming everyone !

It's certainly not an issue, it's far better than having to buy 4 medium walkers to get all options when you only want to field 2. If you wanted to use 2 Heinrichs you would still need to buy 2 light walkers so can't see the problem. It's best to look on the extra's as freebies. It's aslo better for the retailer and shopper as it's a lot easier and cheaper for the retailer to stock the right boxes and as he only has to stock one medium walker box type instead of four types, he will always have the right models in stock, you would be pretty pissed in you went to buy your 2 Heinrichs and he only had 2 Herman's on the shelf. Multiple weapon options is a very good idea.

About the only way I've seen to use the extra parts is if you get the light Axis walker you can use his arms on the Hans from the RCS. If you can get an OCS I believe those walkers didn't come with all the extra bits.

fhaugh said:

About the only way I've seen to use the extra parts is if you get the light Axis walker you can use his arms on the Hans from the RCS. If you can get an OCS I believe those walkers didn't come with all the extra bits.

Yup. OCS walkers are just Ludwig/Luther and Pounder/Hot Dog.

If your interested in getting rid of your bits let me know.

I'd give just about anything if they'd open up parts for individual sale. I'd take advantage of this in a heartbeat.

MRex21 said:

I'd give just about anything if they'd open up parts for individual sale. I'd take advantage of this in a heartbeat.

Thats the way i feel, sure if i wanted two of the same i would have to buy two boxes but if i could also get 6 other walkers with no arms than i could have a whole wack of walkers for hopefully a little less than spending $35 + tax for each walker i wanted.

i understand the ease of having it in one box, but an online non retail option would be fantastic.