Yay, finally anounced

By zefert1, in Relic

(Dang, why can't I edit)

Anyway, yay, this game is finally announced. Also, does anyone know who all ten characters are. From what I've seen, we have:

1. Ultramarine Captain

2. Sister of Battle

3. Commissar

4. Rouge Trader

5. Commando

6. Psyker

The rest I can't figure out

Yeah, I've been waiting for this, too. I was pondering Talisman, but heard this was coming along and figured I'd wait.

Pretty much an auto-buy. Which kind of sucks, considering I feel the same way about Descent 2.0, the conversion kit, X-Wing…(no raises coming anytime soon).

Product Description page also mentions…

Ratling Sniper, Ogryn, and Callidus Assassin

Oh, and Inquisitor…

While I'm EXCITED about the game I also feel kinda disappointed. I already knew it was going to be based on talisman mechanics (which mi haven't played and which i don't think there's a lot of conflict between players) but I was hoping for a Runewars with the theme of WH40K. I think Runewars could be the perfect game to be rethemed to WH40k fluff. Just change food,stone and wood for Energy Points, Resource Points, and strategy location points, they could also change the runes for Critical points or the one who construct 6 outpost or something even the Core armies could be Imperial guard, Space marines, Chaos and Necrons(because the Undead guys @ runewars). But well enough of that i really hope that I like the game and my GF also likes it since she is the one with who i play most.

Thank You for your time Everyone And thank you FFG for making such awesome Board Games.

There is also a picture of the Grey Knight, so probably he may be one of the characters.

Even if it's using the Talisman mechanic at some point it seems different enough to have it's own style and stats.I think it's more than just Talisman with a new skin.I fully trust FFG for the gameplay.I don't care much about using bust instead of miniatures but I can't wait to see the arts on the board and cards.

Vindicare assassins are much cooler than Callidus assassins.

I could see them doing differant race themed expansion packs. Maybe an Eldar or Tau one…

I'm looking forward to it. But I don't know if my GF will like it.

So, to sum up, we will have:

1. Ultramarine Captain (sure - mini shown)

2. Sister of Battle (sure - mini shown)

3. Commissar (sure - mini shown)

4. Rouge Trader (sure - mini shown)

5. Commando (sure - mini shown)

6. Psyker (sure - mini shown)

7. Callidus Assassin (sure, they have written about it. I think it's that bald female figure on the home page)

8. Ogryn (sure, they have written about it)

9. Grey Knight (almost sure, there is a picture at the bottom of the description section)

10. Inquisitor (I can't imagine such a game without one :) )

And… that would be all, do you agree? Any other suggestions? Frankly there is only Inquisitor that is not certain :) . Anything instead? Custodian? Too strong. Sister of silence? Too silent :) .

Alas, I can't edit the above post, so I have to write another one as I made a mistake. I think that the "commando" is a Ratling Sniper :)

1. Ultramarine Captain (sure - mini shown)

2. Sister of Battle (sure - mini shown)

3. Commissar (sure - mini shown)

4. Rouge Trader (sure - mini shown)

5. Ratling Sniper (sure, they have written about it, i think it is a mini with a piece of material on his head and with whiskers :) )

6. Psyker (sure - mini shown)

7. Callidus Assassin (sure, they have written about it. I think it's that bald female figure on the home page)

8. Ogryn (sure, they have written about it)

9. Grey Knight (almost sure, there is a picture at the bottom of the description section)

10. Inquisitor???

Coyote81 said:

I'm looking forward to it. But I don't know if my GF will like it.

when we play talisman its always a bunch of couples….i hope its the same for relic