Hellhound Bane Wolf variant

By Apothecary Gordian, in Only War Beta

Hi there!

I kinda missed the good old Bane Wolf with a Chem Cannon, so i think it should be included.

Maybe like this:

Turret-mounted Chem Cannon (50m; S/-/-; 2d10+10; pen 2; clip 100; spray, toxic (3) )

Ideas?

I'd effectively give it Flame, representing being covered in acid.

Sure, your are right.

I'd say wrong. Check the IG codex. Chem cannon in TT has S1 AP 3, Poisoned 2+. It's a dedicated Space Marine Killer. I would tranlate decrese damage, but increase poison damage and such, and so.

Range 50m, S/-/-, dam 2d10, Pen 8, Toxic (4), Felling (4), Spray, Flame

Dayum… that'd murder pretty much anything!

I can't remember exactly where it is, but isn't there a weapon of some kind that already exists that eats away at armour points, due to it's acidic nature?

Thaddux said:

I can't remember exactly where it is, but isn't there a weapon of some kind that already exists that eats away at armour points, due to it's acidic nature?

There's the corrosive trait that removes up to 1d10 points of armour on a sucessful hit.

Id say just toss the Chem Cannon stats out as 50M S/-/- 1d10 Damage, Spray, Corrosive. That alone should cover the weapon since corrosive removes the need for AP and the Extra d10 as well. The way it sits everything under the template area takes a 1d10 + 1d10 of armour damage with ay damage over the AP of the target turning into damage that ignores toughness as well. And since the targets armour is destroyed by the armour damage it should do just fine for balance.

Horrifyingly effective against infantry, less so against tanks.

Sir, you are right. The corrosive trait covers exactly what the chem cannon does. It's a beast against infantry.

So the stats should be: 50m S/-/- 1d10 Spray, Corrosive, clip 100

Maybe it should have the toxic quality, because it fires poisonous gas, and in the TT it has Poisoned (2+).

See I'm not sure it really needs Toxic? That just seems a little overkill as anything taking damage over the armour dosn't get toughness anyway. Oh an I'd likely give it that Extremely Volatile trait to explain what happens to the poor poor sods inside if someone ruptures an ammo feed…

Maybe its just me, but I always thought the thing fired poison, not acid. It does nothing against tanks, right? And the only reason it ignores armour is more due to the fact that not all suits of armour in TT represent perfect self containment from the atmosphere.

Could be wrong with that. Personally, I would give it an exceedingly high toxic value, possibly also the flame quality (to represent the continual damage, and the potential to "wipe" the stuff off).

I'd make it something weird like Vehicle 50m, s/-/- 1d10+5 pen 8 50 - Toxic(6), Spray, Flame 600kg Very Rare

Guaranteed to bypass most infantry level armour, and guaranteeably cause some wounds. The target will most likely fail the toxic test, and possibly be "coated" in the stuff, with an absolute need to get it off before they just plain die. Against tanks though, its nigh useless.

I think corrosive is good for the anti-infantry purpose of the weapon, but the fact that it also theoretically destroys vehicle armor is a bit much. Maybe add a note saying that it doesn't effect vehicle armor?

Also, as far as delivery method, the Chem Cannon always struck me as more of a mister rather than a fluid hose or a gas pump; it shoots out a high pressured cocktail of volatile toxins, creating a nice, even fog of toxins that's heavier than air.