An IRC game!

By TheHeavenlyLily, in Black Crusade

I really really wish there was a generic forum for the RPG section since this wouldn't just be for Black Crusade, though it is my first choice. But I am willing to run any of them really. In the following order…

1.) Black Crusade: In the warp rift there exists a world known to many as the Forge World of Celest. A deadly planet whose surface is shrouded in thick fog. The cities and forges are built on massive columns and other supports. Punishment is exile to the surface. Proving your worth to the Chaos gods means heading beneath the cloud level. And that is where we would begin. The new coven wanting to earn their marks and to prove their dedication head down to the surface. From there will depend on their actions on the surface.

2.) DeathWatch: The Tyranids are a vast and terrible threat. Recently strange activity has been reported of new species and new tactics never observed from the super organism before. The Kill Team is charged with hunting and down finding out what this new threat is before the Forward Command Center of the Imperial War Machine on the planet is over run.

3.) Rogue Trader: The rise and fall of fortunes can be at times down to a coin toss. And that is how the game begins. The coin has landed on tails. Their once beautiful ship is observed breaking burning and heavily listing as she is caught in the gravity well of a near ocean world.. Contained within her data cores are maps to the greatest treasure. Relics from the most scientific period in human history the Dark Age of Technology. Such a find could change the Imperium forever or help to destroy it. Something went wrong and they have no idea what it was. They arrive at the house hold of their Rogue Traders family to gain use of another ship and permission to continue. But what strings come attached?

4.) Dark Heresy: I looooooooove "Book of Martyr's" sooo much and I would probably set the game on a Shrine World where terrible crimes have been happening against the population and no one knows why. The Inquisitor enlists the aide of the characters to help her uncover the truth. She herself was once a Sister of Battle but could better serve the Imperium better by becoming an Inquisitor herself and routing out heresy. And it is her ties to the Church that brings her back now. They would have to find out what is the goal before it is to late and the world could potentially be lost.

Just a friendly little bump :D

There are precious few places to try to start up a game for these systems. I guess I could go to dakkadakk if needed.

I'd be interested in a BC campaign, though I've never done an IRC before. I'm be interested in playing an Imperial Navy Renegade whose ostensibly on the path towards Slaanesh. +5:30 GMT so Saturday evenings or Sunday daytime (my time) is best for me.

DW

I am in Eastern Standard Time (GMT -5) so that would be a 10 hour difference. Early evenings are best for me all except Tuesday.

I love BC, but could be talked into DW or DH, probably in that order. I am also near EST (in AST, 1 hour later than EST)

Roll20.net is a great spot to find players for online WH40K games, I play in a Rogue Trader game on there that filled up in under a day, if you are having trouble filling spots. (you wouldn't have to run it in roll20 either, just recruit there)

I have a soft spot for IRC based rpg, had all sorts of fun with Shadowrun on IRC.

Thank you very much for that little bit of helpful knowledge!

I've also put the it up there. So if you look me up there it will be good :D

I'll reply once I get home from work on there, I'm Poison on roll20 =)

Count me in any day but Wednesday.

I am an experienced gamer.

Navar said:

Count me in any day but Wednesday.

I am an experienced gamer.

We decided on Thursdays at 6pm eastern standard time (GMT -5). It is on the MagicStar room name is #GamesOOC

Awesome. I will be there next Thursday. I will be late though because that is the exact time I get off work (5 PM CDT)

Still looking for players?

I would also be interested in an IRC campaign. I have extensive experience using IRC for roleplaying games, but it has been awhile. I am fairly new to the 40k RPG, but not to the setting.

You may also want to check out roll20. It requires more work of the GM, but it incorporates an interactive map, dice rolling, and voice/video communication into one package.

I did not like Roll20s website all that much beyond how quickly I was able to get a game together ^_^

Well I suppose I could add another. We are currently in a transition phase going from Thursday evenings to Wednesday evenings in the evening roughly 6pm EST. We have a pretty full group so if you think you can fill a spot that we lack then that is fine. Though I like for prospective players to met the others first. The game room is on the MagicStar Forum and the room name is #GamesOOC

My current group is made up of:

Zhendar = Chaos Sorcerer (Word Bearers) - Alignment: Tzeentch

Sergeant = Chaos Champion (Alpha Legion) - Alignment: Undivided

Lex = Chaos Forsaken (Screaming Eagles) - Alignment: Undivided

Cav = Renegade - Alignment: Khorne

Maltus = Heretek - Alignment: Undivided

Aryes = Psyker - Alignment: Slaanesh

That does look pretty full. Wednesdays are the only night I currently have another group for, so that wouldn't work anyway. If you guys end up playing on another night and/or have a role to fill later on, don't hesitate to let me know!

For everybody still looking for a game I'm putting together a Directory of Online Players Here.

A bit late I know, but are any games in need of a player?

I have a game of Rogue Trader on Roll20 that currently has 4 players an Explorator, Void Master (Pilot), Arch-Militant and a Navigator. I NPC the Rogue Trader and I am currently looking for 1 or 2 more people.

Sent you a PM don't know if you got it? Had computer issues, so guessing your roster is full?