Get on yer feet ! x 3
Go Underground x 2
Burrowing beneath x 2
Shocking Transformation x 3

Abhorrent Spore x 3
Parallel Universe x 3
Altar of the Blessed x 2
Dutch courage x 2

other handy cards could be OUTBACK POACHER, THUNDER IN THE EAST, FORCING THE TRUTH and shock transformed HACK JOURNALIST.

any other ideas ( not really going for skill reduction but skill enhancement ) ?? im thinking big skill plus good in a fight versus lowering skill and not so versatile. then no so dependent on Pan / Parallel.

need to play with a lot and get some more shub but you get the idea…..

going to see if Jon Pechon actually needed as should outskill everyone anyway, then its the fence. really would like 3 x FENCE and 3 x BURROWING BENEATH as imagine that !! destroy attachment and nick it straight away !! with dutch courage / abhorrent spore it COULD turn a khopesh inside out.

and i have a question for the rulesmongers if they please. since insect swarm increases the cost of 'playing' neutral cards, does that also effect triggering the action of parallel universe ?? is that 'playing a neutral card' / 'activating an action' / activating an action ON a neutral card' ???

otherwise insect swarm will probably go….. ( elite hit squad perhaps ? )

and oh. i forgot Y'golonac. he'll probably make it as well. see how insect swarm question goes……

COCLCG said:

and i have a question for the rulesmongers if they please. since insect swarm increases the cost of 'playing' neutral cards, does that also effect triggering the action of parallel universe ?? is that 'playing a neutral card' / 'activating an action' / activating an action ON a neutral card' ???

otherwise insect swarm will probably go….. ( elite hit squad perhaps ? )

Playing a card is playing it from your hand in the normal manner paying the costs, etc… See the faq where it makes the distinction between "play" and "entering play". So, Insect Swarm would make it more expensive to lay down Parallel Universe, but does not affect the cost of activating its attachment ability.

exxxxxccellent……….. THANKS!!. made my day , as the day has made this deck.

any comments / ideas on / for the deck ?? it has changed a bit since then though.

To be honest, I find it hard to get a good understanding of what someone is trying to do from just a list of cards without any explanatory text. Looking up all the cards to decipher it takes too much time for me these days (since having a kid) and isn't necessarily reliable.

If you can post a little more explanation of the overall goals of the deck and how key cards fit into those goals I can probably be of more help.

haha. i did that once and got canned for being an egotist…..

i'll write up a summary.

COCLCG said:

Talked about it, played with it, but never
made it. Here’s the prototype….

GO BANANAS!!
( Version 1.0 )

Ghoulish Predator x 3
Brazen Hoodlum x 3
Hard Case x 2
Twilight Cannibal x 3
Johnny V's Dame x 3
Insect Swarm x 3
Lookout x 2
Shuggob, ghoul sage x 2
Mr. David Pan, Red Pole x 3
Jon Pechon x 2 / Fence x 2
Tyler Scindere, Bounty Hunter x 2
Thomas Bannano, "Tommy Bananas" x 2

Get on yer feet ! x 3
Go Underground x 2
Burrowing beneath x 2

Abhorrent Spore x 3
Parallel Universe x 3
Altar of the Blessed x 2
Dutch courage x 2

Cool ideas in this deck, but I feel like you could take better advantage out of certain cards with a few changes. For example, Shuggob is there to make it Night, which is for the Predator and Cannibal, but how often does it become day? Yeah, it's an efficient character in terms of cost to skill, but is it really needed when a 1-cost day card can eliminate it and your Cannibal in one move? Also, I'm not convinced that the Dame is needed for so few criminal characters - instead it might be better to tutor your cheap dudes into Tyler or Bananas using Shocking Transformation, bumping them down to 1 copy each maybe. I'm not sure what Lookout is for either, except it might protect from Terror of the Tides. This will free up room for some more efficient cost-skill dudes like Miranda or Lady Lu.

I was considering putting Brazen Hoodlum in with Pan in my own deck, but his ability would cancel Pan's skill - so I was considering ways to either take away/give combat icons. Feint would be awesome to pair with the Hoodlum, and .45 pistols could give your other combat-less dudes a combat icon so they could go in with Hoodlum (and they're both 0-cost!) In the end, the card slots didn't seem worth it so I took the Hoodlum out.

yeah, just a prototype. i usually do the opposite to most everyone else to TRY and be different. if everyone is skill reducing, i'll just skill increase - haha !! havent even playtested yet. to answer some questions:

LOOKOUT - enters play is an all encompassing term. if someone plays an ancient one from hand, he can exhaust it for example.

BRAZEN HOODLUM - is perfect for parallel universe as most my characters have combat icons. i wouldn't use him with Pan. im also seeing a lot of terror/arcane characters about so pair him with a shub and its an uncontested story.

SHUGGOB - you're right here, so many rules in my crazy head that i forgot he is a night card as well. he's gone……

JOHNNY's DAME - i wouldn't mind losing. made it and posted it in an hour so was really just reflex action. means another hard case and expendable muscle / tattoo artist +2 skill might be better.

LADY LU - will never make it into my decks i feel. stygian eyed and used against me !! no thanks.

thanks heaps for the ideas and comments. i always post VERSION 1.0's before i've even playtested to get a feel and good feedback like this!!

what may not be obvious and to explain a bit ( sorry dboeren), get on your feet is primarily in story and overpaid for the extra 3 skill surprise. of course there's burrowing beneath and fence to destroy and steal cards, a bit of exhausting ( hard case and lookout ) to slow things down a bit as i wont be refreshing much, and heaps of wounding / destruction protection ( go underground / dutch courage / abhorrent spore ). the shub characters are all skill 4 and 6 and altar of the blessed is + 1 skill as well. instead of reducing skill to win stories with david pan / parallel universe, i've gone for supercharging my own. you can shock transform in tommy and tyler with hard case after he's done his bit, and tommy 'goes bananas' if you pair him with a shub character. i've played against a pan deck and found that if i could destroy him then all the skill reducing characters were quite weak on their own. not so with the shub characters. they don't need him to perform well in stories.

i've also made a version with underground asylum in it too for insanity protection ( slightly ).

thanks again !!

so i'll try this one out and see.

GO BANANAS!!
( Version 1.1 )

Ghoulish Predator x 3
Brazen Hoodlum x 3
Hard Case x 3
Twilight Cannibal x 3
Johnny V's Dame x 2
Insect Swarm x 3
Fence x 2
Lookout x 3
Mr. David Pan, Red Pole x 3
Tyler Scindere, Bounty Hunter x 2
Thomas Bannano, "Tommy Bananas" x 1

Get on yer feet ! x 2
Go Underground x 2
Burrowing beneath x 3

Abhorrent Spore x 3
Parallel Universe x 3
Altar of the Blessed x 2
Dutch courage x 2
Underground asylum x 2

and theres 17 criminals and anything to get pan out earlier plus 1 cost hard cases to exhaust 3 cost characters so i'll see how useful johnnys dame is before i toss her, and tyler for cost 3 is super awesome.

and just in case you noticed, the insect swarm doesn't effect the action ability of parallel universe so it still costs only 1. all other neutrals cost an extra 1.

and brazen hoodlum can commit on his own against a terror/arcane opponent by paying 1 with undergound asylum for uncontested story.

and make that 14 criminals. oops.